Lego Vidiyo

Wow. I really am the only one who likes this theme, aren’t I?

2 Likes

I do like the parts just not their bootleg tik tok app.

4 Likes

Admittedly, I wasn’t really planning on getting invested in the app, either.

2 Likes

I am am pretty sure everyone has at least one figure from this line that they like, but nobody really cares about the app gimnick at all (which seems to be the main selling point of the theme).

1 Like

Wasn’t that meant to be deliberately cringey though?

Don’t get me wrong, it was still super awkward, but at least it was intentional. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I love how you can tell this idea was being developed in like 2016.

5 Likes

indeedo
Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 7.52.35 AM

10 Likes

Well at least being lego there aren’t going to be any kill yourself challenges or any real internet point annoyances. It’ll be just as stupid but not life threatening like actual tik tok.

3 Likes

Eat a lego challenge /s

2 Likes

To give my honest thoughts on the theme, I think that lego should stop making themes based around smartphone apps. As NickOnPlanetRipple said in his 2020 Rewind video, parents see lego as a way to get kids off of their devices, and they won’t buy sets that want you to do stuff on your phone. Just to be clear, I really like themes like Vidyo and Hidden Side, but I’m afraid that this won’t sell well because the app is so important

8 Likes

Glad to see that I’m not the only one on the boards who watches NOPR. :smiley:

4 Likes

Just found some beatboxes up on Amazon and the description just feels so unlego like. I get the app part but it just feels wrong; at least with hidden side the app was kinda secondary to pretty good sets.

LEGO VIDIYO Alien DJ Beatbox 43104 Building Kit with Minifigure; Creative Kids Will Love Producing Music Videos Full of Songs, Dance Moves and Special Effects,

2 Likes

My local walmart is selling numerous cases of the bandmates blind boxes for $2.50 a fig. LEGO has enough faith in this theme that they’ve already stocked the same store with wave two.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen it’s not at all amazing but I wouldn’t say it’s selling that bad. I’m a little tempted to get that boom box stage set since I like the brick sets a lot more.

2 Likes

I like the brick sets a lot more.

I agree there. The problem with sales is my walmart is located in the middle of nowhere and most people shopping there are not willing to pay for or can’t afford a pricey lego set or they’re just not interested in the subject matter.

boom box stage set

The coolest thing in it is the totally not Gene Simmons vampire, he has the face and everything.

3 Likes