Legomaster's Brickfête 2016 Experience

Well you’ve made BF sound really fun, I might just have to go next year

1 Like

You live in the Toronto area? I look forward to seeing you!

1 Like

Looks like a whole bunch of fun… now back to the terrible Australian conventions

2 Likes

I believe Brickfête was in part founded by Australian AFOLs. Are there really no good conventions in your area?

4 Likes

No there really isn’t. I have been doing conventions a long time (dad was in the 501st) and honestly the best so far was RTX. I mean i suppose i have nothing to compare it to because ive never been outside the country from what I’ve experienced i think they are indeed bad.

1 Like

In terms of Lego cons, there is the Sydney Brickshow each year, but compared to what I’ve seen of the CanadiAmerican cons it really isn’t that great.

I also think Canberra has a similar thing, but I’ve never been so I can’t really comment…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. :confused: But your dad was in the 501st? That’s awesome!

The Sidney Brickshow seems to be about the same size as Brickfête. BF certainly isn’t one of the biggest cons in North America, but that’s actually a good thing. The smaller amount of attendees results in a friendlier, warmer experience.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just salty because there is no Bionicle.

Well, this year there was ONE guy selling some old Bionicle sets (I missed out on an '03 Takanuva by about 30 seconds)…

2 Likes

Have you ever thought about joining as an exhibitor?

Dang. Vendor inventory varies wildly though, it’s difficult to predict what sets they’ll be selling on any given year.

2 Likes

I actually have.

I have met one guy, who seems willing to help me get into exhibiting, and bringing some constraction to shows.

I talked to the guy running the store, and he told me that he didn’t really like Bionicle, and only started selling it recently, because he didn’t realise how popular it was…

3 Likes

I recommend taking the plunge. It’s totally worth it. Even if nobody else does BIONICLE at your event, you can get the ball rolling. When I brought my first CCBS MOC to Brickfête 2 years back, it was one of only two Constraction MOCs in the entire hall. Next year, there should be at least 5 BIONICLE-centric FOLs at Brickfête (including @Waj :wink: ) filling up several tables.

People think BIONICLE is popular?

3 Likes

I think he meant that he didn’t realise there was actually a market for selling it.

That is what I’ve been told…

2 Likes

Aww yeahh.

Hopefully nothing gets in the way next year. I’ll try and make sure of it, before I buy the ticket :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like