Life In Quarantine

I haven’t tried it personally with Legos, but I would guess that the pieces should be able to handle those temperatures. But you should probably only try this if you have something that can keep an even temperature, and not start boiling. That would probably hurt the pieces. Also don’t know how it would affect printed pieces. Maybe try with some pieces that you aren’t too careful with? Or you could look up other ways to sterilize, this is just a suggestion!

1 Like

I guess I’ll share here. Personally I’ve been enjoying quarantine. I’ve almost graduated from grade school now, I’ve got a well paying job that isn’t closed down, and I have more time to relax.

HOWEVER I also agree it can be pretty boring so I wanted to also share some ideas for fun activities to pass the time.

-MOCing. Yeah, that’s an obvious one, but never fails. I’ve been getting back into it and ordering parts off Bricklink and it really helps get my creativity going.

-Renovating. So the Marie Kondo thing is over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t spruce up your home at all! I personally remodelled an old storage shed into a playhouse for my younger siblings.

-Work on the backlog. It’s a weird time where laziness is productive. So catch up on that show you’ve been meaning to watch, or that game you forgot about! I personally have been watching Community on Netflix and playing the Star Wars Jedi Knight games

-Stay in touch. We invented cell phones for a reason. Talk to your friends! Just a little hello can make someone’s day and help you remember you’re not alone in this.

2 Likes

Grade school is for like children. Do you mean highschool?

1 Like

It’s called different things in different places haha

Yeah I thought grade school was 1-12. I’m graduating high school.

4 Likes

According to The Internet, ABS maximum temperature is 80°C (176°F) and melts at 105°C (221°F), and Polycarbonate plastic used for transparent bricks melts at 267°C (512.6°F). So it might work.

1 Like

I honestly feel that I’m thriving better in quarantine than I did in school.

3 Likes

Some people are doing a lot better with the online learning. Others however lack the motivation of being forced to go to their classes and are falling behind

2 Likes

That’s true, I definitely felt that (just finished school last week).

However, outside of just school, quarantine has been pretty great. The fact that I don’t go anywhere makes me want to go somewhere, and so I do.

3 Likes

I definitely fell into the second category. But, I finally finished high school, so, now, it’s fairly relaxing. It’a been a long time since I’ve been able to sit and build for long periods of time without interruption, so I’ve gotten more productive with MOCing.

I just really hope that the library and Barnes & Nobel reopen soon (Hoopla just isn’t the same).

2 Likes

Just general retail. Groups or not I feel bad for malls , family / individuap ownwd, and specialized shops like that.

heck yeah Raspberry Pi
I have mine running NES and Atari, but I haven’t figured out how to switch it over to another system.
I also haven’t really tried that much…

1 Like

Do you have Retro Pie?

I have had a chance to increase the vastness of my music library, as well as play some of my old plug-n-play tv games, as well as begin programming in BASIC on my C64 mini.

yeah, why?

It should be pre-loaded, you just need roms. Retro pi, running on a raspberry pi should run everything older than the original playstation, and n64. Oh, and GBA. If you need a good sit for them I know one.

2 Likes

oh. where can I get said roms?
and can you share the website link too?

I am putting up a post because I don’t want this topic to die

I’ve enjoyed ‘quarantine’ even though it is now over where I live. I didn’t tick many things off my list but I got a lot of exploring done in my neighbourhood, there’s lots of bunkers and stuff hidden in nearby forests so that was fun. In terms of Lego building I didn’t do tons but I’m proud I finally sorted my parts into categories. Also played lots of Minecraft and binged all C418s music while doing boring school work.

1 Like

We might have further lockdowns in the US if these protests escalate in violence (some have been violent, with buildings and cars being burned and people on both sides and bystanders getting attacked) but my area is safe so far