Looking for help: Part separation

I’m not certain if there is a specific topic for this, but I badly needed help separating this mess.

1 Like

Make a pile of system then a pile of ball joints thsn separate those piles out further

That isn’the exactly helpful. I need more specific information… like how many boxes should I get, how big the boxes and what should I separate the parts by. But thanks anyways.

Just be careful you don’t want to over sort your stuff

1 Like

How you separate the parts is really up to you, based on the space you have and your own organizational needs. I’d recommend designating a few boxes for types of pieces you have a lot of (i.e. Armor, limbs, feet, etc.). Then just go from there. There’s no real set way to do it…

1 Like

I’m aware, I just wanted your opinion on the matter.

Just do it with what you have. Put it in piles about the size of your smallest containers. It’s hard to say exactly without knowing exactly how much space you have.

I personally have a bunch of small-medium sized bins for each type of piece. Armor, Hands/Feet, Heads/Masks, Torsos, etc. My pieces are mostly G1 and CCBS…very little system, so you may need to make another bin for that. I also have large bins to hold completed sets/MOCs and vehicles.

1 Like

this might help
https://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-10144-20-Inch-16-Inch-Hardware/dp/B003P2UOCO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1474820335&sr=8-8&keywords=organizer+box

3 Likes

Start with system, then in the Bionicle pieces, sort out the parts you use most using one of these[quote=“nexolo, post:9, topic:29294, full:true”]
this might help

www.amazon.com

Akro-Mils 10144 D 20-Inch by 16-Inch by 6-1/2-Inch Hardware and Craft Cabinet, Black

Made in the USA. Rugged, high-impact polystyrene frame can be stacked or wall mounted. 12 virtually unbreakable drawers, 4-3/8-inch by 2-inch by 5-1/4-inch. Also 32 virtually unbreakable drawers, 2-1/ …

$29.40
[/quote]

And from there, it’s up to you.

My organization system:
Separate system and constraction.
Organize by color (rare colors like purple or dark brown get lumped together)
Further separate black into CCBS and non-CCBS.
Finally, organize the smallest and most useful pieces in little drawers ( glatorian necks, ball joints, mata necks, bohrokh eyes, et cetera)