LORD OVERDEATH

Imgur

More photos

This is a MOC that I’ve been working on since October 2020, but the character dates back to January 2020. I was having a conversation with a friend about the villain in F-Zero GX (named Lord Deathborn) and he misremembered the name as Lord Overdeath. I decided I had to build Lord Overdeath immediately. I compiled a list of ideas and reference pics and asked my friend Neal (who did the artwork for BioCup 2020) to whip up a sketch of the character (link below)

Mood board and final ref pic

My goal was to create a character that a 12 year old would think is the most awesome thing they’ve ever seen but an adult would only roll their eyes at. Everyone involved in the creation of the MOC had the time of their life with this character and I hope that shows. I’m very satisfied with the results and I’m really excited to show off what may be my best work to date.

43 Likes

As a person that certifiably has a mind of a 12 year old, I can say you accomplished your goal.

7 Likes

This is really nice

I’m an adult and this is the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

My inner 12 year approve this. Well done

Love that right arm!!! and the rest is amazing as well

1 Like

This is stupendous! What is that chest plate?

1 Like

I will echo the sentiments of others here and say that I, though well over the age of 12, find this to be supremely awesome.

1 Like

They are Galidor shields from the Ooni set.

5 Likes

This is incredible!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like