Lots of Mocs - Toa, Titans, and even a Vehicle

Hello, thank you for checking out of my post. I’ve been quite busy making Mocs this month. I’d like to share 8 of the best ones with you all. I love hearing all of your comments, positive and constructive!

First Moc: Marendar

I googled Marendar and was looking at Mocs when I saw this image from Reddit. I am not the original owner of this image, just here for context.

I got so inspired I made my own take on it. I used silver as the main color since Marendar is a robot. Green was chosen as the accent color since I have a lot of Metru Green pieces and struggle find uses for them. Here’s my take:

I imagined this is what Marendar would look like having absorbed a Toa of Air’s energy, hence the wings and jetpack thrusters. I feel like I read on BS01 that Marendar can absorb Toa power. It stands quite tall and has 2 points of articulation in the head and neck, 3 in each arm, three in the waste, 7 in each leg. I’m not counting the skull spider claws as articulation. The claws are big enough to grip and hold a Toa Mata build.

Second Moc: Spirit Dear

I have a weird amount of keet-orange. In the last few parts bags I’ve found there was a Toa Mata Nui (no Ignika though), a Glatorian Mata Nui, and three Keetongus. I’ve never liked the keet-orange color very much, I’ve always thought it looked closer to yellow than orange. This moc originally started as a tank funny enough because of all the keet-orange technic lift arms. I was thinking about the forest spirit from Princess Mononoke and went from there. The rider I imaged as being some kind of frail old Matoran. Didn’t add any weapons, I like to think the Spirit Deer and rider are benevolent.

Moc 3: Desert Warlord Tuma

I’ve always wanted Tuma and one day I’ll get one. The last part bag I found was largely 2009 Bionicle parts and had 1/3 of a Tuma in it. So I made the next best thing. Tried to make him look rocky like Roxtus’ motif.

Moc 4-6: WIP Toa Team

I’m in the process of making a Toa team of six. I currently have fire, water, and earth all made. I got to work with CCBS for the first time which was fun, there was a Tahu Master of Fire in the last parts bag. Toa of fire also has an AV-Matoran connection point on the back. One day I’ll make a G2 Creature style build to accompany him. The Toa of water is inspired by a moc I posted to the message boards years ago - Gali Nuva Revamp. I wanted to take what worked and keep it and leave all the cringe behind. Still not sure how well I did, but it looks better than the original. The pearl gold in the Toa of earth is literally all of my gold pieces haha, I wanted to use them for something. The scratch on the mask isn’t from me and is kinda annoying.

Moc 7: ATV

I found a technic stunt truck at a flea market for $5. Wanted to see if I could make a Bionicle vehicle out of it. Looks more like a Mario Kart, but the function stayed intact. Pull back and the Matoran ride zooms off.

Moc 8: Bordakh Titan

I liked how Orange and Blue look together, I know its not for everyone. I got a single ratchet joint in the last parts bag I bought. I wanted to make a titan Vahki. I image larger ones would have 4 arms. The Vahki “transformation” is still intact due to the ratchet joint in the pelvis.

Thanks for looking! If there is something to be improved on, please let me know.

20 Likes

these are some fun mocs! good work.

2 Likes

Love the Dark Green Marendar and the Orange-Dark-Blue Vahki! Very nice color schemes and part usage!

3 Likes

There’s also a newer version right here on the Boards:

4 Likes

If someone can make that head into a helmet so a Galtorian head can be used. I could make some really cool.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccw_d1yJ0-q/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

It me!

And illustrated too!

6 Likes

Those Mata Nui blades work great as antlers.

2 Likes

Thank you for creating this image! It really inspired me when making my green Marendar moc. The illustration is pretty cool too.

Thank you! The last bag of parts I found had a Glatorian Legends Mata-Nui and a Toa Mata Nui (no gold Ignika sadly) so I had a lot of keet-orange scarab blade piece to work with and wasn’t sure what to do with them.

1 Like