Lugar de Morte - Superhero RP

On the ride to the island, Hal had decided to remain silent throughout the introduction as to begin to analyze the group. You need to know a person to be them, after all. The ride was fine, until Hal drifted into a light slumber, where his dreams took over. The radiation that hit him on the day of the collision not only gave him powers, but they also heavily distorted his dreams. Hal saw a mass of beautiful swirling green and gold whisps, which were overtaken by evil crimson flames.

Once the chopper had landed, Hal looked around at the other unfortunate souls who had been sent there. “Looks like I’ll have some entertainment here”, was the first thought he had, analyzing the beings he would soon become familiar with.

These chains sure are annoying.

That was the second thought Hal had. To him, it seemed… odd, to say the least, that this place was presented as a resort, but they were chained up. Then, Hal started to wonder.

These people must be in the same situation as I am. The world despises them for things they can’t control. That girl in kevlar might be useful. Perhaps it is wise to gain her trust so that we can leave.

So, they managed to get one of us on their side. Big deal.

Hal follows behind the others, keeping a 5-foot distance from the last person in line.

3 Likes

Veronica decided to ask, “So what is the first place we are going to on this tour? Is it the sterilization chambers or the cold and bland bureaucracy and notes?”

1 Like

Dr. Huber gave a chuckle in response and turned to address it, but was interrupted as a man in military dress approached from his side. He had sunken cheeks and a sad brow, but his grey hair and miserable anatomy did not inhibit his strong voice and commanding presence.

“Ah, Huber.” The man spoke, attepting a smile as he shook hands with the doctor and looked over the group. “I trust you’ve told us the truth about the number of American citizens you’ve just brought in?”

“Your system of freedoms is an excellent example to work by, General Trent.” The doctor replied, slipping his hands into his pockets. “Rest assured, all American citizens will be informed of their rights and liberties at the proper time.”

“Don’t you kids forget.” The general pointed two fingers at each member of the group, clearly unsure as to who the Americans were. “The U.S. Military needs you, if you’re willing, to rid the world of terror once and for all. We’d be most obliged if you join us.”

“I’m sure they will remember.” Dr. Huber responded, his expression one of mildly concealed disgust the minute General Trent began addressing the group. “You wanted to speak with the landing crew about your transportation, I believe?” He motioned General Trent to usher himself along.

“As you can see,” Dr. Huber smiled once again after the general had entered the landing pad, “our friends in the American military are more than eager to have more soldiers for their foreign wars. But you had asked about our destination; We will go here first.” The doctor walked briskly towards a large white building reinforced with steel.

@Chronicler @Cordax @TheMOCingbird @ajtazt @MakutaOisli

4 Likes

Wen clicked and gargled once more.

Veronica looked displeased. “I served my time with you all, given my training just to go up into space. Of course it seems your government is not very grateful for the leaps and bounds I went through to make contact with another planet. I literally put my life on the line and was likely to get stranded on a completely other world. Now, instead of gratitude, you seek to weaponize me?”

Veronica’s head went ablaze in anger, covering her facial features and being silhouetted in the crackling of flame. She notices what is happening, her hands raising with smoke plummeting out of the bottom of her gloves, and she stops herself, and sighs.

“The least you can do is read the case files next time. I’m not an American, as you could probably tell from my accent. Sorry for all the legal work I am putting you through, darlings.”

3 Likes

The General stood, listening to it for a moment at the back of the group, then shook his head to himself with a smile and moved on. Dr. Huber waited patiently, no smile on his face, as Veronica finished her outburst and calmed down.

He raised and lowered his hand slowly, and the guards, who had tensed considerably during her rage, returned to their positions. “If you will all follow me.” He quietly said before continuing towards the white building.

3 Likes

When the general approaches, Lucius’s hands dive into the hoodie’s pockets. Fingers fidget around inside, trying to reach out and hold the other, bending his shoulders forward to look more hunched and smaller. He tries not to focus on the general and gives a low remark when told that they’ll be informed of rights.

“I’m pretty sure we’re only informed of our rights when arrested. . . Sometimes.”

Drifting his eyes to gauge if anyone heard, his fixation is demanded by the general when pointed at. The general’s clueless pointing goes over his mind and Lucius’ blanketed hands finally clasp together. Forcing himself to blink several times so water wouldn’t well up from the staring. Seeing General Trent made the weapon claims a lot more real all of a sudden.

The man certainly looked like a real American General, at least how Hollywood portrayed it. Brickwall liked to complain about all the inaccuracies in movie uniforms, but no friend here to ask if this looked right. Where was the Chat when you needed it? Or mother to yell that they can’t have her boy.

Yet the outburst from the lady, who definitely had to be a girl based on voice, muted his building thought. Lucius just stands there when Veronica suddenly bursts into flame, only watching in awe at the display. Only moving back a little step at a time, three at most, when he notices the guards readying themselves. He remains at this new spot even after things calm down, taking a couple extra strides to resume his former position when the tour resumes.

“So you’re an astronaut?!” His voice broke, going higher pitched than intended near the end.

Yes, he really needed to ask that.

3 Likes

“I was,” Veronica replied. The fire began to trickle away again, revealing her normal face. “The mission to Venus that happened last year? That was a team of me and four other astronauts. It took a few months of travel in the deep, dark cold darkness of space to reach the planet. The other astronauts did not survive. I returned months later, into this year, alone.”

1 Like

“Oh. Oooohhhh - right. I think I saw headlines…” Lucius draws into a pause, mind finally catching up with his tongue. “I’m sorry, I just…sorry, I’ll shut up now.”

Lucius sinks back, following at slower pace now.

Way to go dude. Chat with the celeb while they’re still recovering from a horrible event. Perfect plan. This isn’t on stream, stop being such an idiot.

2 Likes

As the group approaches the white building, Dr. Huber signals with his hand, and two of the guards open the large metal doors. The inside is at least a little more appealing than the outside, with cushioned floors and walls, and guards stationed in each corner. There are several people inside performing different tasks, and each person seemed more outlandish than the last.

By a small table, a very muscular man with droopy features and braided hair is grimacing as he grips one of his wrists with the opposite hand, focusing hard on a ball floating off the table. His concentration wanes, and the ball descends, instantly spilling into powder. The woman with him gives an accusatory sigh and takes a note while he miserably remonstrates.

At the farthest end of the room, there is another set of doors, but this one is far more secure than the last. A mechanism releases, the doors hinge wide, and a scrawny old man shambles out, wearing gym shorts and a tank top. The tank top is full of identically-shaped holes, and he is engaged in a bitter argument with one of the guards while tugging at his own long, white beard. He appears to have a bald spot on the top of his head, nestled in the fluffy white hair which runs down past his shoulders and, much like his beard, tapers to a point.

“Oi!” A younger woman stomped up to the group, focusing her remonstrance on Dr. Huber to the chagrin of the man tasked with assisting her. “You didn’t keep our chess appointment! Don’t tell me you’re afraid you’ll lose!”

“This is Miss Violet Carla,” Dr. Huber explained with a smile, the younger woman folding her arms and frowning at his deflecting the question. “Her rather unique ability is to never fail any action or task, always completing the most complex of requirements with the greatest of ease.”

“Except beating you in chess!” She retorted. “But I’ll win, or at least I will if you don’t keep skipping out on me!”

“Please, Violet,” Dr. Huber laughed softly, “I had to bring our friends around and show them the grounds. When I’m finished, I’ll play - don’t keep poor old Anthony waiting now.”

With a huff the woman spun around and stalked back to her caretaker, who adjusted his glasses and began reading off a piece of paper which she only partially paid attention to.

“This is the gym,” The doctor gestured, “Where under supervision you are free to use your powers to whatever extent you desire - for more dangerous capabilities, we have that room back there. Are there any questions?”

3 Likes

Veronica looked around the room. Besides some of the plastic and metal equipment, most things there were flammable to a degree. She knew she would likely have to use the danger room. Of course she would.

“Since everything I do is dangerous,” Veronica started, “I suppose I will be shown to that back room. I just hope your extinguishing equipment is up to date.”

1 Like

OOC: Sorry for the lack of activity, been busy lately and I guess I never got to finish my post.

IC: Silas gave the general an acknowledging nod before Veronica’s fiery response.

Well, she certainly has spirit. Silas thought as he continued to follow the Dr.'s lead.

Silas cracked a grin at Violet’s intrusion, and took note of the other powered individuals preset.

“So, how many of us do you have living here?” Silas asked, glancing around.

2 Likes

Wen, annoyingly, still had his cuffs around his hands.
He gargled and clicked some more towards Dr. Huber.

2 Likes

At the sight of these extraordinary feats, most people would gawk and watch with interest. It was a free circus with acts that Lucius would probably never see elsewhere. In spite of that, he followed around with only a mild look of interest; like a kid at their school’s science fair, just going by because they have to be here and not really wanting to see anything. Only there sure were a lot of armed guards and…they were the science display, he supposed.

Though when interrupted by Violet, and hearing that she can’t ever fail, Lucius was instantly confused by what that meant. If given the task to fly without an aerial vehicle, would she just gain wings or something? Is she compelled complete tasks? And does quality of the completion matter or just that she finished it? Really, just what did that all mean?

That question would have to wait, however, as the doctor explained the obvious that this was a gym. Which meant a very important question had to be asked first. Vastly more important than whatever the others were asking.

“Is gym attendance required and do we have to follow a regiment? I think I can find my old school notice somewhere to skip class…”

3 Likes

“We have detonated rather large explosions in that room.” Dr. Huber nodded. “If you have concerns about controlling your powers, we can provide you with a much more comfortable version of the power dampeners you were wearing earlier.”

“Which reminds me.” He lost his smile and aimed two fingers at Wen. A hole was punched through the cuffs, and they fell off his wrists.

“There have been over three hundred individuals on the island over our existence.” Dr. Huber replied. “However, right now we have only around twenty five, including your group.”

The doctor laughed and scratched at his eyebrow. “Nothing required of you outside of decency and the occasional power test.” He replied. “Now, if you will all come with me, I will show you the cafeteria hall.”

2 Likes

Hal continued to keep quiet, following the same philosophy as he had before.

Hal’s mind instantly went back to his nightmare he had just hours earlier.

Could this woman be the same flame from the dream?

Hal kept this thought in his head as he kept moving forward with the tour.

Hal had heard enough. “What happened to all of the others?”, he asked in an accusing manner.

1 Like

“Oh good, I was worried there.” Lucius replied and lightened up at the mention of the cafeteria. That was always an important area to know, but trying to remember what he ate last was abruptly crushed by Hal’s accusations.

2 Likes

“And how long has it been in existence?” Silas added to Hal’s question, but in a far less accusatory manner.

1 Like

“Some returned to their homes, while others did not have homes to go to.” Dr. Huber removed his spectacles and wiped them with a cleaning cloth. “Of those, a few chose to work for joint military unions, but the United States has a way of being the most appealing to serve. And the rest have chosen to work here in whatever capacity they can assist - we hire them as regular employees at that point.”

“A small number of people here have proven so violent and malicious they were tried and imprisoned elsewhere.” He returned the spectacles to his face. “And five have died here.”

Dr. Huber’s modd brightened considerably, his smile overshadowing the dark, gloomy air the mention of death had brought him. “Not many people paid attention to the island back when it was first discovered, with no natural resources and terrible fishing waters, but these facilities have existed in different capacities for eight hundred and seventy two years. It was initially a treasure island for some European noble, then the United Kingdom took possession of it, and after some squabbles over the last century or so, it was agreed it would be used for military purposes between nations, which never ended up happening outside of courtesy visits.”

“The current facilities are built loosely on the structure of old military buildings, but ruins here of a large castle can be sen in the courtyard. It was repurposed as a haven only after I and the United States government did some serious legwork.” He adjusted his spectacles.

3 Likes

Finally. Wen pressed a switch on his prosthetic. The machine whirred to life, as he flexed the fingers appreciatively. On his other hand, he extended his claws to their fullest length. He clicked appreciatively.