Lugar de Morte - Superhero RP

OOC: Mask Appearance:
Prey-Predator_(Comanche_Nation)
IC: Wen picked up the mask, its smooth surface cold to the touch.
He held it over his face, before snapping it into position, as multiple inclines inside the mask fitted over the horns and spikes.
He gave a gesture of thanks to the man who delivered the mask.
It had been a long time since he had worn the mask.
And longer since he had had real food.
He took a tray, and piled his tray high with enough fowl to have slaughtered half an entire nesting grounds worth of body parts.
He sat down at one of the tables, selected a duck thigh, a bit down, bone and all, with a grotesque and sickening crunch of bone snapping from a devastating bite.

Wen did not get up from his meal, having consumed the duck thigh, and started on some unsauced chicken wings. A vegetarian would be disgusted by Wens behavior; But for him, it was simple necessity. His diet had changed with his mouth, along with his digestion, all of which called for a more… carnivorous diet.

“I think fast.” Silas responded curtly and near immediately between bites.

“What’s your trick? I could figure out the others more or less, but not you.” Silas said in a casual manner as he continued to eat.

2 Likes

“Si, Si” she says, nodding, before grabbing a tray. She tried to make sense of the foods on offer, and after several minutes of trying to figure out the names, she opted to just go for the relative familiarity of a pasta dish, though in a much smaller serving than what seemed to be dished out. She then sat down at the table, and ate quietly. The sun coming in from the windows caught her arm, refracting the light with a green hue, defying her attempt to be inconspicuous.

2 Likes

“Trick?” Lucius asked and looked towards the ceiling for a bit. “Well, I mean, Chat likes having me squirt liquids out of my eyes. Pop stings really bad but I can shoot it a pretty good distance now.”

As he runs his mouth, Lucius realized what Silas was really asking.

“Oh, right, that trick.” He said while looking around at the guards before just shrugging.

Stretching his arm closer to the table’s center, he places one hand flat on it. His hand shakes with a light vibration, with Lucius gritting his teeth. Soon his entire hand shifts from its paler complexion to that of a bright lime green. Though it stays only for a moment, as it leaves his hand and causes the entire table to became that lime green hue. Much like his hand, the table has a light vibration for a moment and then stops. Lucius holds this change for only a second before lifting his hand away and the table returns to normal.

2 Likes

“Neat. Like a chameleon but cooler.” Silas said in a surprisingly unsurprised voice. “Seems handy. I’m guessing you have to keep physical contact with the object for a bit in order for it to work?"

Silas gave her a nod of recognition, making a mental note of the dish she was eating.

“Your language, Italian?” Silas asked a little presumptuously, seeming not to notice that he hadn’t even gotten a response from Lucius yet.

“No? I don’t think the manu-- I don’t know. I just got this…yesterday? What day is it?” Lucius asked.

1 Like

She looked up at him, surprised anyone was really attempting to talk to her. She thought a moment, trying to remember what little english she had. “S-yes” she said, catching herself before she answered in her second tongue. “Lo parli o croato?”

1 Like

“Thursday.” OOC I’m just making that up, if you had in actual day in mind @Ghid than Silas just said that instead.

“Uh, no comprendo?” Silas said with an intentionally confused look, not sure what she said, but hopefully she would get the message, plus, Spanish and Italian were kinda similar, right?

She laughed a little bit, understand enough spanish to get that. Instead, she opened up her croatian to english phrase book, and tried repeating the phrase, if a bit stilted. “Do you te- speech Italy or Croatia?”

1 Like

“No,” Silas said with a smile and shake of his head. “But, you Croatian?” he asked, pointing at her.

She nods yes, the light catching her hair and refracting again. She flipped through her phrase book again, before answering. “Si, from small island in Dalmatia. You?”

(OOC: if you are interested, I mentioned the particular spot in her profile)

1 Like

“America, New York.” Silas answered as he finished cleaning a bone.

“Your island, does it look like this one?” He asked, motioning toward the ground to emphasize where he was talking about.

“No, hilly, less tropical.” She said, after flipping through the book again. “Remember hiking much.”

1 Like

“Ah, yeah. I used to hike a little bit back home.” Silas replied. “Just a little.” He emphasized with making tiny hand motion. “The trees were nicer, less tropical.”

“What about you, where’re you from?” Silas said to Lucius as he started on another chicken leg. (@ajtazt )

Lucius mouthed an “Oh,” with a few nod tilts of thought before taking in this new knowledge. That being, Thursday meant nothing to him as he couldn’t remember what day it was before appearing here. At least not the name, number yes but not name. Besides, even if yesterday was Wednesday, what’s to say that today’s Thursday wasn’t several weeks ahead of the Thursday expected?

This largely distracted him from the conversation between Silas and crystal girl. Not knowing what she said half the time also transformed most of Silas’s English words into equal gibberish. Almost missing Silas’ question towards him, but Lucius was just coming out of his calendar headache when it’s asked.

“Where what? Oh! I’m from the coolest State in America - Wyoming!” He said with much pride.

4 Likes

“Amen, son, amen.” Roswell chuckled as he shuffled past Lucius and took a seat. “Was born in Wisconsin when I was young, but had t’move after the war ended. I don’t suppose you know any Ellisons from the state?”

OOC:

new canonization: thursday

4 Likes

Lucius twists his neck to look at Roswell. Other than him being the old man from the gym, he didn’t recognize him, but he would definitely fit in Wyoming.

“Ellisons…Are they the ones with the fly bushes?”

Veronica decided to get some of the cuisine. There was chicken, of course, and a lot of American cuisine. However Veronica realized something really quickly as she tried to grab a spoon. It began to become rather hot, bending a bit under the heat of her hands.

“Ah lovely, midas touch,” she noted, and tried to skip any other plastic utensils or trays. “I hope they have a plate around here.”

1 Like

“Yeap. That’s a state.” Silas said in a deadpan as he took another bite.

“How long’ve you been here on the island?” Silas asked with a nod toward Roswell’s way.

1 Like

Roswell gave an incredulous laugh, as if the very idea of the Ellison name being dirtied by fly bushes was laughable, but any other response was cut off by Silas’ question.

“Hm?” Roswell turned, almost as if he hadn’t noticed Silas there. “I reckon it’s been about a year at this point, although I haven’t been keepin’ track. I s’pose I’ve only been here this long because they’re try’na use me for weapons and such.”

The massive fellow rubbed his hands together as he approached the counter, his eyes aglow at the sight of all the food before him. He reached out to his side for a tray, and upon finding it was mere inches from his reach, he rolled his eyes and suddenly produced another tray in his hand.

“Oh!” He recoiled upon seeing Veronica. “Don’t, uh…” His sunked eyes narrowed slightly as his head craned forward on his gaunt neck. “…Oh, you’re new. Uh, hi. I, uh, hi.”

3 Likes