Magic: the Gathering

Just bought by first pack of cards, (just a pack of 15 cause I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend a lot of money,) and I’ll say it was pretty cool opening it up. I have little to now idea how the game works, but the art alone is worth what I paid.

2 Likes

Well, now they can be worth it because of the alternate art for the rare.

I favor Blue above all.

I love the look on @OraNui’s face when I’ve stopped/reversed one of his better spells.
Clue artifacts are his favorite.

3 Likes

Counterspells are the best.

1 Like

I’ve recently made Blue/Black deck that’s designed to bring back cards back from the graveyard. All cards. It can be a very annoying deck to face off against.

1 Like

I imagine as such.

I have a modern artifact jank that mills your opponent’s deck with Grinding Station and cards that replay permanents from your graveyard to the battlefield, where I then sacrifice them, then bring them back, normally making the opponent put the top 72 cards of their library into their graveyard.
Also I play the cheapest decks there are
Legacy: Burn
Modern: Infect
Standard: Collected Bant

I mean, eh. It’s only about $600. Want me to put my* lotus in it and make it vintage?
Also, I meant cheap not like the cards are cheap, but that when you lose to it, you’ll say that I’m cheap for playing it.

*All these cards are my dads but still

I haven’t used my dad’s cards since I was eight.
I don’t know, it just feels like more of an accomplishment if you win with your own stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I pretty much figured I’d do that. I watched a short game, It looks like my kind of thing, and I think I understand the basic principles. I can probably get my friends or my brother to play against, so I’ll look into the duel decks.

1 Like

Yeah well I only have like 100 card and he has thousands, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
@Anaru_LST
Better than my dad’s TPS deck. It’s unfinished, it only needs about 6 cards, but that’ll only be another $5,000

Also have three more standard decks, 2 modern decks, another legacy deck. All double-sleeved and with dragon shields.
That’s 1,200 sleeves.
And 5 commander decks, not sleeved.

1 Like

I was first introduce the the existence of MtG by a friend. I asked him to explain the rules to me. He didn’t do a good job of that, so I curbed my interest for a while. That is until I found out my family would be doing some house hunting out of town for a few days. As soon as I found out, I plotted to convince my parents under the pretense that my brothers and I would be bored sitting in the car for hours and hours that we should buy a deck builder toolkit.

I succeeded. And since 2 of my brothers were apparently to young to completely grasp the rules, I was able to split half of the cards with my brother. I am grateful that I’m such a schemer, otherwise I may not have been able to get a bunch oaf free cards all those years ago. :cry:

I got into it from my dad, who introduced me when I was eight.
I really got to playing for real, at least with my dad, when I was around 10.
By the time I was actually old enough for the “suggested age” I had a near perfect grasp of the rules.
Of course, they keep changing them these days…

I bought a red/blue starter deck, and I’ve been playing with that against my brother who got a red/green. None of them are custom or anything, but the game is pretty fun. I’m thinking I’ll try to buy a black deck when I’ve got some spare cash, give a shot at building my own.

2 Likes

I’m Hardcore combo/control player. I Hate aggro with a passion, except for one very specific U/R Emerge Aggro/Midrange hybrid that’s in Standard right now.

Esper artifact control FTW in EDH.

I’d heard that a friend was once into it, so I bought a pair of Intro packs that we could play against each other. He never looked at it, but I’ve never stopped playing since. The game has been really important to me, because it served as an escape from being bullied by my peers when I was younger.