Makuta Lomois

My second entry to @Gilahu’s Brotherhood of Makuta project. I’m rather proud of this one, even if the construction is messy. It’s better than Crytoss :stuck_out_tongue:

Behold, the mad genius that is Makuta Lomois!

Side shot (if only my camera would cooperate).

@Nyran shot (as is the tradition)

And he can launch Rotuhka spinners.

Here are those arm things. They’re not that great as I think they just look tacked on, so to speak. He’s supposed to be able to ■■■■■■■■■■ them into other implements of surgery.

Makuta Lomois wields the Great Mask of Emulation, shapeshifted into a much more skeletal appearance. He rarely uses it, preferring to utilize it’s ability to analyze power.

He formerly used a Kanohi Jutlin, but that mask was destroyed when one of his creations blew up in his face.

Backstory

Makuta Lomois was always the eccentric sort. He eschewed the creation of rahi in favor of building weapons of destruction based on their formidable skills. His crowning achievement (according to him) was the creation of Rahkshi grenades, hand-held bombs of divers Rahkshi powers.

His ineptitude at administration ruled him out of receiving an island to oversee after the Matoran Civil War, which was fine for Lomois. He was more than content to concoct ever more potent engines of destruction. When the convocation came, Lomois saw Teridax’s coup as an opportunity to literally test the Matoran universe, to see how well it could stand against his devices. He filed these thoughts away until the Great Cataclysm struck. Now, he seized the chance to introduce the world to his mechanical mayhem. Several trips to Xia and weeks of research later piqued his interest in collecting ancient artifacts of unknown power. When the Scardons of the Southern Islands petitioned the Brotherhood for aid after the Great Cataclysm, Lomois urged Teridax to send an operative, hoping that the mission would yield the discovery of a relic of Thanarax, an ancient warlord.

Unfortunately for Lomois, the mission ended in disaster when Crytoss, the operative sent, was reported missing. This landed the scientist several sessions with the masters of pain and gave the Makuta a grudging respect for those who possessed physical strength. It is after this time that Lomois began shambling around in the form you see before. He chose to ■■■■■■■■■■ into a more dragonic form, giving him a frightening appearance to back his threats. For one thousand years, he went on a veritable crusade searching for any clue that could lead him to Thanarax. His research yielded little, but he did discover what happened in the month-long time gap that happened before the Great Cataclysm. Later, somebody leaked his position and the fact that he held such information, to the Order of Mata Nui, who sent an operative to destroy him. Lomois killed the assassin and began searching for Artahka, at which point Antroz ordered the scientist to cease all attempts at finding the lost island, saying that Lomois’ efforts would be best served in bolstering Brotherhood technology than chasing fairy tales.

Status
Dead. Makuta Lomois was killed in combat with the Order agent Tobduk. Apparently the Order decided that a being who not only knows one of their closely guarded secrets, but is actively searching for another, should not be allowed to live. The two fought after Lomois had razed a Steltian outpost shortly after the presumed death of Teridax.

Notes
The MOC itself is rather hard to pose, due in part to the loose joints I discovered I have. The chest is gappy and could use some work, along with the lower legs. I think the skirt could be integrated better, but I’m not sure how.

More pictures!

Size comparison with Makuta Crytoss.

“YOU STOLE MY FINGERS!”

16 Likes

Weird.
But not terrible.

4 Likes

This is an okay Moc

The only problem I have with it is the single keetorange bone piece on his left arm. It looks really out of place

1 Like

Reminds me of stuff from that Dark Hunters book, which IMO is good.

Nice work.

It is rather mediocre…but not bad either…thumbs up.

This seems to be the consensus :stuck_out_tongue:

It does, but I didn’t want to take apart my 2015 Toa.

Which is exactly what I was going for :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OMG- I thought the same thing too. I immediately thought of Charger.

Well, he’s ok. The upper arms are a little gappy and his torso perhaps a little too T-shaped, but aside from that I’m only wondering why his left forearm is yellow/orange.

I like the inclusion of a Rhotuka launcher, though. It’s not very practical for playing with, but it always looks nice on a G1 MOC.
The head also works surprisingly well as a mask for me.

About the backstory:

I can’t really believe he would be able to gain knowledge about what exactly happened during the Time Slip, but perhaps he did stumble across one or two disguised Av-Matoran and began to wonder what they were doing there.

Also Icarax would have no permission to order Lomois around - Teridax might have been busy on the island of Mata Nui, but I believe he still would communicate with the other Makuta and give orders. Besides that, even though Icarax wanted to lead the Brotherhood, Antroz was more like Teridax’s second in command.
So I would suggest changing the name Icaax in the backstory either to Teridax or to Antroz.

I like that he actively searched for Artakha, though. Even if it earned him a death at the hands of the Order of Mata Nui - I’ll probably have to ban that way too somewhen for this project …
Just move his time of death forward a little, because the rules say that he has to die before the Toa Nuva were freed by the Toa Inika.

So, you should change those two last things and I’ll accept Lomois for the project.

Interesting. This is probably because I never read all of the 08 books, but I was under the impression that Teridax left icarax in charge.

I will make the requested changes. Glad you approve.[quote=“Gilahu, post:8, topic:24684”]
I’m only wondering why his left forearm is yellow/orange.
[/quote]

Because I didn’t want to amputate Tahu’s leg :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, it works then.

Thanks again for participating!

This is neat. Gotta now work on my second.

1 Like

Build, Forrest, build!