Makuta, Master of Nothing (BZP's The Legend Continues Contest)

Searching for Ekimu’s tomb, the Toa journey deep beneath the City of the Mask Makers. There they wind through ancient catacombs, battling Skull Scorpios at every turn. In time they push their way—or are they themselves pushed?—into a vast chamber. In its center swirls a vortex of debris, all that remains of the vanquished Lord of the Skull Spiders.

In the darkness, Onua can make out a lone figure. Have the Toa found their quarry at last? “Ekimu!” he calls. “We are here to rescue you!”

The six gasp as an islander steps out of the shadows…

Flickr

Here is my entry to BZPower’s The Legend Continues contest! Participants create entries reflecting things they would have liked to see in G2 Bionicle. I recreated the MNOG confrontation with Makuta in the style of the 2015 animations.

Please let me know what you think!

30 Likes

This looks cool, but Im not sure if the skull spider was the best choice, the fact that he was a matoran was just for keeping the toa from hitting him, if he has a skull spider I think they are going to kick the heck out of him

3 Likes

An admirable entry into the contest! Best of luck!

2 Likes

It looks really cool and I like the choice of using a Skull Spider as a mask it makes him look evil and he can even trick the Toa by making them think that he is possessed by the Skull Spider when he uses his powers.

1 Like

@Star-Lord Thanks for the feedback! I picked the Skull Spider because I thought it was the closest G2 equivalent to an infected Hau, but I guess it’s sort of like a krana too huh? I’m thinking of making another version with a different mask after the contest is over. What mask do you think would be good?

@TheMugbearer @Tahu3.0 Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

1 Like

I think a standard protector/villager mask would work better.

But it’s still pretty great.

1 Like

well if you wanted to reference G1 you could just use the Hau, and modify it a little bit to make it look decayed, or a protector mask

1 Like

Godspeed!

1 Like

Well done. This really captures the flexiblities of what one can do with the 2015 animation style. The background and general appearance of Makuta all lend themselves to the creation of an atmosphere perfectly capturing the tone of the original scene.

1 Like