Makuta Teridax, Because I like Posting About This Moc

love the mask from shapeways

1 Like

This is sweet! Very nice work.

1 Like

I just death metalled this awesome piece.

4 Likes

The head section looks a bit to high above the rest of his body. Pretty good, though.

2 Likes

This looks awesome, but I feel like movie Teridax had broader and more-raised shoulders. That’s my only gripe.

Great work!

2 Likes

Now you need to spend two more years on a Takanuva

1 Like

No two years on a giant Mata Nui.

1 Like

Okay guys

Thank you - Thank you -Thank you! For all the feedback, which is substantially more than I was giving myself credit for. So I’m going to address some critiques.

I’m planning on it, thanks for the reminder * insert thumbs up here because I don’t code talk computer style *

As for the neck and the arms.

I’m working on it.

Guys. Please. I don’t think I can sort all those Bricklink orders needed to fit the Mata Nui Robot, nor do I have the sanity. Joking aside, I’ve thought about a Takanuva, I really have, but chances are, I won’t do it because there are too many shades of gold in my collection to keep it cohesive.

Although, the Kholi Champ could use a good opponent.

The point of all this is, I’ve taken the feedback into account, and I’ve reworked my building space to account for the workload I’m giving myself. Down the road (hopefully before my trial of Adobe Lightroom expires) I will make an update (thread???)

KEEP IT COMING GUYS

5 Likes

The size is impressive… I dont want to be overly critical but I’ve got to be honest. This looks a bit of a mess - not a total mess, but lots of areas need work.

• The legs are excessively long.
  • The body is short and podgy.
  • The arms look gappy along with the upper body.
  • The head feels too small for the overall proportions.
  • The wings seem to be too small for the body.

Its improved over the previous version but suffers much the same problems in terms of proportions. Would suggest reducing the leg size a little and adding a little more height to the main body. This should help balance the proportions.

1 Like

I’m tinkering with the arms now, but as for the legs, how many modules would you say to reduce them by?

Freaking love the mask!

Although, he’s really messy and his legs are a little too long. And the shoulder/neck area needs filled out.

But gosh darn, fix those and man, Teridax would be amazing!

1 Like

Field testing a new arm design. I’ve removed some of the bulk and narrowed down the gap, while giving them both a phenomenal range of motion compared to the old. I’ve also replaced the 6M hinge bones in the middle of the legs with 5M one’s to reduce the height a little. He stands ups better as a result of it.

6 Likes

Amazing just amazing

1 Like

I wish I could love this. I love Teridax, I love the techniques and general shape.

But this isn’t Teridax. It doesn’t look anything like him.

Overall though, it’s pretty good, I like the consistent color scheme, and I like the bulk. Undfortunately, again, it doesn’t look like Terridax.

My suggestion:
Make this into your own character. It’s fun, easy, and you get complete freedom to do what you want with the MOC.

Or, you could keep evolving it to look more like Teridax, but with the scale, the head will always be too small.

the score:
7/10

1 Like

Looks pretty cool, but the neck area look a bit too gappy.

1 Like

that’s just epic.

I like how you still incorporated rahkshi pieces.

1 Like

Terrific build! Everything looks great and faithful to the original figure. The movie-accurate mask and working Kraata containers are a great touch. I like how that Hau mask peeks out of his chest. It looks like an easter egg reference to Makuta’s “first mask” in 2001.

1 Like

Neck looks gappy and I do not care for the arms that much, but that might be helped by the neck, I dunno.

Amazing work.

2 Likes

Love it, great touch with the hau in his chest, the gaps are there but are well covered up from the previous versions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sickness be delaying me:

4 Likes