Makuta Vesere - Makuta of Poison

Makuta Vesere - Makuta of Poison#

Makuta Vesere was a curious Makuta, possessing the powers of poison, healing and camouflage. She was a solitary being, studying the exotic Rahi and plants of the world to learn how to create new cures to disease and deadly poisons she could use.

The purple carnivorous plants she cultivates are grown from the seeds of the purple flowers she grows on her armour. She also grows many healing plants on her armour that cure many sicknesses.

She only wields one weapon, primarily for self defence, her poison claws, which does not require her powers to inflict a nauseating and paralysing toxin. When the Great Betrayal came, she was living in the ancient temple of Khrom Khe. Mutran had sent two scouts to deliver a message of the Betrayal to her. Their bodies were never recovered…

And yes I got a lot of inspiration from the DC character, Poison Ivy, she’s a mix of a herbal medic and the predator but I want to leave her character vague as a lot of rumours have been created around her. Is she a gentle gardener in a hostile jungle or is she a deadly assassin of poison? Who knows…

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome! :smiley:

41 Likes

Does she use the mask of mutation or does it have a different power in your canon?

2 Likes

Very NICE MOC!
a conceput of Plant-Makuta is so fresh to me! :grinning: :wink: :wink: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

This is so cool! Both the character and structures!

1 Like

Insanely cool. Outstanding work on details. Claw seems somewhat small though, but I think that’s the idea.

1 Like

@KanohiReqi She uses the mask of mutation to cultivate her plants to create new ones with healing properties or other uses, such as the purple chomping ones.

@Bukkey Thanks! I didn’t want to go a plant-powered Makuta as I felt that belonged to the Toa but it was easy to incorporate poison and healing into a Makuta.

@Atobe_Brick Thanks!

@Lesnichiy Thanks and yes you’re right, her weapon isn’t meant to be big, her powerset is to poison or incapacitate any attackers or use camouflage to hide, much like some exotic animals that can be found in jungle environments. Healing I thought was a good power to match the plant aesthetic, essentially all her powers are nature inspired.

6 Likes

The blending of system for structures with a constraction figure is usually a bit jarring, but this is pulled off really well. The MOC itself seems a little bit messy in terms of all the different colors, but the actual build is very nice.

Great work as always.

1 Like

Great Makuta! Really like how you’ve conveyed the camouflage aspect. How long did the background structures take?

1 Like

Thanks! They took around 2-3 days.

1 Like

This is really cool. Instantly recognizable as a Makuta, but distinct from the others we’ve seen in canon. Cool setting and backstory - I like how it’s vague and there’s a few different interpretations of the character one could go with, but it doesn’t sacrifice having a unique personality, either. (Minor note - seems to be something that realistically could have happened in canon, too).

The build is very impressive. It’s technically sophisticated and, more importantly, looks epic. The character design is awesome and well done even outside of a MoC context - the “tone” that you were going for is instantly clear.

Great renders and posing, too. I didn’t even consciously notice that the backdrops were system until Winger pointed it out because they blend with the world and the character so well. I’m looking for some constructive criticism to give you but frankly I can’t find anything to criticize. She’s just a really awesome build. Well done!

2 Likes

Haha thanks! Yeah I put a lot of work into my Makuta design so thanks for the criticism even if you don’t have much.

1 Like

I really like this the wings are very well done and flow nicely not just tacked on. The plant growth is also a beautiful addition. If I had one improvement it would be around layering the wings with some color differences. Like some smaller lighter green parts in between the large dark green wing parts. This would give her wings a further organic look.

1 Like

Thanks!
The reason I didn’t do this is the areas the wings are coloured would be similar if not the same colour on a living creature not to mention that would significantly increase the thickness of the wing “shoulder” joint. The organic and fitting look would be lost if I were to do a layering with additional pieces as the sizing would look wrong.

1 Like