Makuta's Army: Discussing Additional Villians and Minions

Try to edit your comments. you can easily use the @ to reference someone. @lordvaldek671

Also, I do not think Anonna needs and army. Considering she is basically a lovecraftian entity that feeds on dreams. She can make her own army out of your army.

@Kardax wait what are you chaching on to and who in G3 are the vo matoran I like your thought here

@odnanref101993 exactly my point annona infects matoran to make an army

im a stop motion animator thats exactly why i want the skull horde as minifigures or another evil army to fight in my videos

Edited for Triple Post - Waj

Ok, I also want someone to have an army and Anonna seems fine, but her army would have little visual difference from the normal matoran armies. As her power is mind related, specifically related to dreams. So her army, off the top of my head, would be a group of people having a waking nightmare.

Makuta on the other hand has the corruption of the powers and rakshi mutation on his list of “effects” so his army could be a mutated bunch of matoran. Easily differentiated. However, the main issue is that he rarely needs an army. in G1, he achieved his goals with a couple of people and a lot of trickery. G2, the entire thing had a lot of issues with the story and characterization. G3 he is going on a similar direction as G1.

Karzahni is even worse, he cannot have an army because he is insane and anyone who follows him would also have to be insane. Making it difficult to have a hierarchical structure as the main leader, would end up sending orders for events that happened on an alternate dimension as well as killing people for things they did in another dimension.

good point though maybe for year 3 kulta could have the skull horde attack the island and he is after a mask do not know which maybe a khanoi from the barraki’s reign

Ok, I’m trying to keep my patience here but dude, no.

If kulta appears, then he will be a minion under Makuta’s control and he won’t be attacking Arthaka to try and get a mask.

Year 1: Mask of time and the Rahkshi
Year 2: Civil War + Makuta’s manipulation
Year 3: Makuta revealed + Battle against Makuta, Awakening Ekimu, Introduction to the Vo - Matoran and the third brother.

2 Likes

@Kardax ok just want more henchmen to fight the matoran I apologize for any problems I may have caused. I also read the story so I’ll follow the rules better

@odnanref101993 well the skull horde are zombies except kulta and the lord of skull spiders or annona controlled matoran could be mutated like flood from Halo 3

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

2 Likes

What I am saying is that there is no precedent for that type of Makuta army, in brickonicle. You require precedents do people understand what it is they are looking at and also to understand what is the danger level. Having a horde of skeletons appear, is less impactfull when the toa have never dealt with them before.

For Anonna, there is no or a weak logical progression on the mutation. She is a dream lovecraftian entity. Why is she mutating the matoran? Can she do that now? No one knows. It can be done, we are not there yet though. We have barely started year 3.

Don’t you have to be a master to do things like this.

well this is G3 no G1 its different and how do you draw on the computer for this site so I can send posts about the forces of evil @Sanokal well in my book an evil army is better than just six puny lizards @AntrozT6 well as a stop motion animator I would rather an army of zombies(the skull horde) over as before six puny lizards any day.
faceless army > 6 lizards

You mean upload images? Download them onto your computer, and then click on “Upload” (the symbol with the arrow above it), or just do what I do; have your folder window open above this page and drag the image from it into the editing box.

As for the whole army debate, a) criticism of popular culture would appear to disagree with you to a degree, b) (and this is me personally) smaller numbers of fighters allow for stunning duels rather than just stunning mowing down of enemies, c) the story isn’t intended to cater solely to stop-motion animators (I would assume).

1 Like

yeah but who said that there can’t be a stunning solo duels while the army is mostly background action like some fighting henchmen until they find their arch enemy and then just close up dueling . a reference to the battle of the pelenor fields from LOTR ( Ewoen and the witch king of Angmar) oh yeah and every time I try to post an image it gives me some complicated link not an image do you know whats up with that? @AntrozT6 well what would you expect of orcs? and either way I like the roherim-haradim conflict with the cavalry and elephants

I would’ve enjoyed the Battle of the Pelennor fields way more if the enemies were given any character developement apart from the Witch King. In the movies we’re not given practically any secriptions of the Easterlings or the Southerners.

Like I said, the main title of this thread is simply wrong. Makuta is the last villian to use an army, if anyone would use it it’d be the various Matoran factions such as the kingdoms during the Civil War.
And from my PoV, it’d be much better. We’d have actually some conflict in the fans as to who are they rooting for, for the heroic Prince of Ice, or the arrogant but strong Fire Toa? Apart from these two, we could get character development to the lesser ranking soldiers of both factions, such as the Takua-esque character the Cast mentioned, and his arc of being saved by Tahu and later disobeying him at some later point, for an instance.
Or Kopaka could get some general/mentor character who would help him in the war effort after King Matoro’s Death and during the Civil War.

Instead of that: I love the GOOD guys! No I like tha black bad guys!

Can we just. . . Not let the latter happen?

2 Likes

Which box is this in, the left or the right? If it’s the left, that’s just how it shows up in the editing. If it’s the right, then if you’re just posting a google image, then I believe that when you click “From the web” it just posts the url; you’d likely have better results downloading and re-uploading the image.

As for that kind of battle, as Antroz said, we’ll likely be getting that in the Civil War arc, which works far better in this case than Makuta having an army because of the tragedy of the good guys battling one another. Having a good versus evil army certainly isn’t bad per se, particularly when done well, but it’s been done to death before, particularly in LEGO, and Makuta’s manipulation and a more personal, psychological (admittedly I’m very much guessing here given the lack of details at the moment) conflict will have more meaning than an army battle I feel.

And at the moment, I don’t feel that there’s a way to make an army not feel contrived other than maybe the cultists being enslaved, but even then, I feel that they wouldn’t be a main conflict, only a distraction for Makuta’s purposes.

1 Like

@AntrozT6 well then for the civil war is it possible to put the dark hunters from tempelbeast1’s pitch to be mercenaries to be hired by Kopaka or somthing like that. @Sanokal so WHAT THE HECK DO ALL OF YOU GUYS HAVE AGAINST AN EVIL ARMY MAKUTA"S OR NOT!!! and they don’t have to be in the main conflict I just want sets with them or I like the lightning toa and matoran those will be cool but having to wait 3 years and that’s IF this becomes official so could they intervene the civil war in year 2?

Because evil armies are clishé, overdone and boring. Black vs. White, Evil vs. Good is just everywhere nowadays and if you can do something way better, why satisfy yourself with this?

I will stop arguing really, because it goes nowhere and it’s also a matter of opinion. With the attention this thread got, and that title, I feel like TTV’s gonna discuss it in the next Brainstorm.

2 Likes

(Brainstorm’s been ended, Antroz, I think they’re reverting back to how they first discussed G3.)

1 Like

Armies are cool and all, but I don’t think the current big bads of G3 need armies. Makuta pulls strings from behind the scenes, with the Rahkshi being his tools to carry out tasks. Karzahni IMO is powerful enough that he would do everything himself; he’s basically close enough to being an eldritch abomination.

Yeah @AntrozT6; Brainstorm’s cancelled.

2 Likes

I would agree that the Brotherhood works better as a cult than an army. I wouldn’t be opposed to having the members of the Brotherhood be some major figures of the various regions. For example,Mutran’s lassiez-faire attitude in G1 could translate into him being a a Kanaean elite/politician in this universe matching the descriptions of the series bible. Perhaps Vican could also exist as his beguiled council page :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

PLEEZZ THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING!!! they could distract the heros by attacking a major city while Makuta works his plan like sanoki said I don’t care about story relevence I am in this to help with set designs!!! I just don’t know how to draw online other wise I would send set ideas @AntrozT6 you and I are exact opposites of each other sorry to say this chat is about the possibility of an evil army not those 6 lizards called the rakshi!!! so stop bringing them up unless necessary to explain an idea .

If you are in this for just the set designs, why does it matter if Makuta just has a small cult following rather than an army? In set form, you will see no difference between the two because LEGO never puts more than a handful of villain minions in one set.

This is how to upload pictures.

3 Likes