MandRproductions Discussion Topic

Lego noobs are more like people who don’t understand the difference between lego and mega bloks, kreo… all those lesser companies.

I’m also not sure about the whole rant kind of thing, it’s not really fair to give these guys hate. it’s their channel, and they can do whatever they want on it. Maybe they just don’t have the time to make mocs, or find bionicle sets, or whatever.

5 Likes

@meepinater, yes they do.
@Toa_Vladin, the most thing I hate about this guy is how disrespectful he was when the Brick Show channel got deleted

Still…

maybe it;s not their thing. they could be collectors and not moccers. Not every lego fan is a moccer. My dad likes lego, and he hasn’t made a moc since his childhood.

2 Likes

Well, If you have not made a MOC even in your childhood not even a small car or house, that does not seem like really likeing LEGO. After all, LEGO was originally made to build with it, not to collect every single set.

He is a dumb youtuber for me. Why?
The only theme he likes is Star wars and he doesn’t care about any others!!
What kind of LEGO fan can be this? a fan who likes just star wars and hates others.
HATES not just dislikes.

2 Likes

People subscribe because they like the channel, not because he works with Just2Good.

Why is this sad? He certainly posts good content, his Lego comparison videos being some of the best released on YouTube. The quality and format of his videos are fine as well. Personally, I think he deserves the subscribers.

Just because someone enjoys a Lego theme, it does not mean that they are a Lego noob. People can like one theme more than others, to the point of mainly focusing on purchasing those sets. This is true for many members of these boards, including me, and I am certainly not a Lego “noob”. If you have a Lego budget, you’d want to spend your money on a theme you are invested in.

Again, you can dislike Lego themes as well, despite not owning one of the sets. Why would you want to own a set from a series you dislike? I bet that most people on these boards hate Galidor, yet don’t own a set.
Also, you don’t have to build Mocs to be a Lego fan. I see that you have never built a Bionicle moc, yet you are a fan.

This is untrue, as he just recently bought the Harry Potter stuff.

This is his opinion. I for one hate the Brick show, as their reviews are quite boring.

This community keeps buying Bionicle because it exists.

This is incredibly untrue, and where does this evidence come from?

This is, as I stated earlier, not true. A Lego noob is someone who cannot build Lego sets, cannot differentiate between Lego and Lepin, and builds bad Mocs.

Err, what? Mandr likes to buy Star Wars sets because he likes Star Wars.

The last sentence proves that your argument may be biased.

This is really mean, and is also not true.

I think this is really rather cruel, not really a rant, but an ongoing insult.

7 Likes

I doubt you double-checked your homework on this person.

Brick Show was in a major decline, similar to TTV, and the content wasn’t enjoyable as they used to been. Also the quote on quote “_celebrated _” video mainly focus on other AFOL, not just his own opinion.

So does the Brick Show.

4 Likes

And there in lies a problem with your argument. [quote=“LegoDavid, post:8, topic:46646”]
After all, LEGO was originally made to build with it
[/quote]

The beauty of LEGO is that you can do anything you want with it! Weather that be collecting sets, building MOCs, or even just enjoying the story of some themes! Just because you can use it to make MOCs, doesn’t mean that you have to use it to make MOCs.

5 Likes

I don’t know too much about this person you’re discussing, and I don’t really follow many LEGO YouTubers. However, I am familiar with the various types of YouTubers out there–and various types of fans in general–so perhaps my experiences could be helpful…

Simply put, we can’t control who is going to get subscribers and who isn’t. A lot of people have complained about recent developments over at YouTube because it seems like certain people with certain kinds of content are being privileged over others. There’s nothing that we can do about it, though, so as a whole the issue is one with YouTube, and not any specific channel.

As for this guy’s opinions, and your own, they are just that–opinions. I won’t hesitate to admit that I would be irritated by someone who seems to dislike BIONICLE (or any LEGO theme, for that matter) without justification. But those people have their opinions, and we have ours. In the end, you just have to hope that the people viewing and subscribing to this guy are doing so not just because they agree with everything he says, but because they find something about him that they enjoy. We can also hope that–if his opinions are truly unjustified–that those with influence in the LEGO community will ignore him. But in the end, people like what they like and dislike what they dislike. Do I care that some random person on YouTube who only buys Star Wars sets hates BIONICLE and tells everyone else that he does? Not really, because I like BIONICLE, and that’s enough for me…and it should hopefully be enough for all of us who like LEGO themes that others enjoy hating on.

Also–and this might make you feel a little better, personally–it’s good to remember that, despite his high number of subscribers, for every person who knows and enjoys this guy, there are probably more than a thousand that neither know of or enjoy him.

4 Likes

@Square Sorry dude, never seen that ninjago review. Also, if he got it, he probably got it just because it find it at a good price or on clearance
@Monopoly People hate Galidor, yet don’t own any sets, just because everyone else hates it. Trust me, If everybody loved Galidor, then EVERYBODY will love it. What you watch influences what you think.

Edited for Double Post ~ ReeseEH

I don’t think this is for you to say, I’d like a quote from him to prove your point.

That’s reasonable, as it’s a pretty far departure from what Lego typically does.

So? You don’t have to moc in order to be a fan

Lego is expensive so regardless of it’s true if a set is on sale and you have at least moderate interest it wouldn’t be a bad investment

Buy what you love.

Yeah, no. Unless you can prove this I doubt it

Let me guess, this entire topic was because he said something along the lines of

I should note, just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s good

This is probably disproven by;

3 Likes

Yes, but I can say the same thing for any Lego theme. Somewhere out there are people who hate Racers, people who hate Knights Kingdom, people who hate Power Miners. Yet none of them own a set.

1 Like

Guys, this was all my opion. It was not to make propaganda against him or anything, I just wanted to say my opinion about this guy.

I dislike most big youtubers as youtubers (not as people) anyway, with the exceptions of certain meme/comedy accounts, insider, and company’s accounts, and this guy doesn’t seem different. He’s just another youtuber. I don’t dislike him for the reasons you stated, only because he’s a big youtuber

1 Like

OK, I want a link.

First of, this is so wrong. So so wrong. Just because he haven’t made a moc doesn’t mean he is not a fan. And being a fan for SO many years. I must say that I am admiring this guy. Also, there are two types of Lego ‘fans’: the collectors (this guy included) and the mocers. He is a collector, you can’t blame him because he likes to collect more than to moc.

I want a link to this too. You two were accusing him that he is hating other themes with no reason. Prove this.

1 Like

Here you go

Around the 6:13 mark on the first video, he proves your point wrong. The following is quoted exactly:
“I think Bionicle is a cool theme, it’s good for people that like it, but personally, it’s not my thing.”

Apparently this is “hating” Bionicle.

4 Likes

“I can tell you why I personally don’t like Bionicle as much and it has a lot to do with why I don’t like Buildable Figures as much. And that’s because it is not Lego to me. Lego has always been this for me” … “Bionicle is so much different to me. I think Bionicle it’s a cool theme, it’s great for people that like it, but personally, it’s not my thing, just like Buildable Figures are not my thing.” “I think the main reason I don’t like Bionicle is because it is not Lego to me. It’s its own thing: like a Technic Buildable Figure. I am not into that.”
What can we learn from here? The guy is just not a fan of action figures, and I respect that. He most probably grew up with System, especially Star Wars, which became his definition for Lego. And to be honest: I share his opinion. If the Bionicle sets didn’t have the Lego logo on them, it would have been kinda hard for me to tell they are Lego: they are like part of their own universe, their own brand, totally different of System. Is like convincing a guy to start playing with Marvel Legends: it’s completely something else. We like this something else, while he doesn’t. And we need to respect it. He exaggerated when he said HATE in the title, yes, but just because he doesn’t like Bionicle doesn’t mean that we need to hate him.

3 Likes

I just finished watching the second video, and I have to say, Mandr was not being “disrespectful” in any way, he was simply spreading the news.

3 Likes

In one of The bricks and bits episodes, just2good, one of his closest friends, admitted that that video was “kind of disrespectful”… So if even his friend which he works with said that…