Mantax: C&C appreciated!

Ello
its been a while since i’ve done a moc, and this is one i have held off posting for a bit, but here he is, MANTAX

(Sorry if the lighting isnt great, im in the middle of a thunder storm)
the essential story behind this is well, i got 2 of him in a bundle (the same one i got gali in) and felt like moding him a little bit.
i gave him a more beefed up appearance and better proportions and limbs.

i made the arms look much better in my opinion and gave him a little hook, i think it suits him.

he also has a vorox shell as a little waist cape, i think it gives him more of a warlord style look.
BREAKDOWNS!
(kinda)

he looks so cool now
next i kinda want to show off some of my G2 revamps, you can see some in the back and then mabye if i have cash i will try get rhyla done
toodles!

19 Likes

pretty good mantax

also, nice collection centrepiece

8 Likes

this is epic

6 Likes

I agree the arms look better, also dropping the socket on the foot makes his ankles less weird. All in all a version that doesn’t hurt my back and joints when I look at it. Lovely!

4 Likes

Ah this moc looks good. The original set was good, but your changes make it look better! The arms look nice. Neat moc

3 Likes

I appreciate how he doesn’t have pincers. Seeing as how he was based off a manta ray, it really made no sense for him to have a crab claw. I think the hook idea is much better.

4 Likes

Pretty nice, he looks way more similar to a ray than the set did.

3 Likes

Pretty good, I feel like the upper arms could do with having a different armour plate piece

1 Like

That crotch armor looks awkward

1 Like