Marouder (Bayformers Shockwave MOC)

Ive allways loved the Bayformers Shockwave design, so of course i had to make a MOC inspired by his design.

Meet Marouder!

This character has been around since 2014, when i first created him as a self MOC for a friend. Of course back then he looked way different.

Whith his latest edition, i have slapped as much detail into him as i possibly can. My favorite parts of him being the head

The cannon

And the legs

Out of all my MOCS, Marouder is one of the three MOCS ive promised myself to never break down.

28 Likes

The use of the meltdown head here is fantastic! Great moc!

4 Likes

Does he transform?

1 Like

oh wow
that looks awseome!

3 Likes

Ooh this moc looks really cool! I like the head build and spiky/mechanical motif.

3 Likes

This is really impressive! It looks amazing

2 Likes

I’m very split on this MOC. I really like the body, things look well put together, and nothing looks super out of place. But the rest of the build is odd, understandable, and confusing.

The first thing I noticed, was the color scheme. The body is very dominantly black, with purple, gunmetal, and silver mixed in. The limbs however, introduce gold into the color scheme, and swap out black with silver as the primary color. It creates this disconnect for me, as if the body wasn’t made precisely for the limbs, but things just matched up in terms of shaping.

Another thing, which is a small criticism, is the length of the legs. They appear to be rather short, but they look as if they are intentionally bent in every picture. The upper leg is also a bit lackluster in my opinion. Near the hips especially, they get a bit gappy.

Generally, I like the gun arm, but it is the biggest culprit when it comes to using gold pieces. I’m also not really sure why you wouldn’t put something on the end of each barrel of the gatling gun, it looks strange as just axels. The left arm particularly is weird to me though. It looks incomplete, with no real armor pieces on it, just a bunch of technic. The use of tan is even stranger, as that’s the only place I can find it. Finally, small complaint on the hand. Why is there a random light grey piece used on the thumb?

It’s certainly not a bad MOC, and there’s a lot of good things here, but it’s hard to look past some of the things I see.

1 Like

This is a really a really stunning build. You nailed the look down perfectly.

2 Likes

He dos not transform. Would have been cool tho.

@Krelikan Thank you for your input! I can see where youre coming from with most of your concerns.

The gold pirces i definitly agree with you on. They are there from an earlier version where his main color was gold. Need to switch them to black.

The siver pieces on him is there to create an accent color, and to help the spikes to blend in, as i dont have many black spikes. Some pieces however could be switched out for gun metal or black. The gun being silver, is because i dont have many of those pieces in black/ gun metal.

The guns barrel axles is a problem im working on solving, havnt found a good tip to it as of yet.

The gray part on the hand, thats just me being lazy.

Again, thank you for your input, i post him hre to get response to improve him.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like