Martial Arts

So, does anyone here practice them or enjoy them? I am progressing in Kenpo, a variation on Karate. What have you done?

3 Likes

Yes and no. Yes, I practice my own style of sword fighting. No, I donā€™t practice and styles, and I donā€™t do anything professionally. My gear is so bootleg, I use PVS pipe as a sword.

3 Likes

My lilā€™ bro does karate. Heā€™s pretty good, too.

1 Like

Once I had to fight a seventh grader during practice. That kid was vicious. I will never look at a little kid the same way ever again.

2 Likes

I went to karate classes for about 2 years when I was much younger.

The belt levels were a bit odd for the younger age group classes.
An example being that the last belt I got (before quitting) was a half orange and half green belt.

After (and before) classes the head sensei would smoke,which caused me to sneeze more (cause I have always sneezed regularly throughout the day).
The rest of the senseis would go over to the donut diner across the street.

1 Like

My first experience with karate was in a ā€˜dojoā€™ with limited heating in California. I didnā€™t last very long. However, now I take private lessons from an ex-marine and current police officer in a home with a nice climate, so thatā€™s great.

I took Karate for about three months when was eight.

Never again.

1 Like

I take Karate Tae Kwon Do. Itā€™s fun.
Also, perfect ad for this page.

6 Likes

I practice Shastar Vidya (translates literally to ā€œThe art/science of the swordā€) though its also known as Gatka. It mostly involves Indo-Persian swords and knives and things. Though my teacher has taught me some European weapons and techniques. Its a mostly easy martial art but it involves a lot of getting into the other guy(s) head.

I practice Tae-Kwon-Do and Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu.

1 Like

I used to be quite the proficient fencer, and was our teams MVP for about a year until I underwent surgery and stopped practicing for a while.

I have a bow in the locker, but all of the arrows either broke, or donā€™t have tips/fletchings. Used to practice with it almost daily a few years back, donā€™t do much with it anymore than show off and take it out to the countryside.

Currently, I practice kendo and have for a little over two years now, is gud.

I used to practice Judo and Tae-kwon-do, was relatively decent at it, but never went anywhere or did anything, and dropped them both after a year, respectively.

I take Karate classes.

1 Like

I live under a rock in the middle of nowhere, but if that wasnā€™t the case Iā€™d like to try it out. Not sure what variationā€¦

1 Like

I used to do Tang-Soo-Do. Basically, itā€™s the Korean equivalent of karate. Iā€™d like to get back into some form of martial arts again, Iā€™ll have to check if my college has a class for something of the sort.

Took Karate for three years, from when I was seven to about ten years old. I just got bored of it.

Update: I have gotten back into fencing after 2 or so years of inactivity. Time to reclaim my court from these youngā€™ns.

4 Likes

Iā€™m learning how to fight using Escrima sticks

1 Like

I get to master a weapon when I get a fifth degree black belt. Iā€™ll be lucky to be alive by the time that happens.

I kinda know a bit of boxing, but everytime I punch something I start crying. Iā€™m not strong :cry:

2 Likes

Way back when I was around 8, I took Karate

I reached Orange belt

Then I just kinda

Stopped

1 Like