Mask of Destiny Story Serials Discussion

Shudders about Metru-styled Hagah while having flashbacks to Tuyet’s “sword” and then losing sanity about Artakha’s grey-green armour

4 Likes

That… is true. I could have sworn there was concept art or something showing all six. Could be misremembering tho.

Looking at these now, I think the unseen sixth chamber might not even exist. Isn’t that the same path Mata Nui and co entered on. Meaning it leads to the lab’s entry. Unless the path splits somewhere onscreen.
I’m gonna have to rewatch that scene aren’t I.

1 Like

I’m glad to see others discussing it! I’m super excited to see where this story goes, and I hope to contribute when the time comes.

I really liked the parallels to Bota Magna societies in TYQ. Zaria, Orde, and Chiara each get a group that helps them reflect on their past (Iron Tribe, Earth Tribe, and Skrall Sisters). I thought that was really cool.

3 Likes

It’s cool to see there’s a couple people here willing to take the plunge and attempt contributing to this effort. I’ve been considering throwing my hat in the ring, since I’ve been doing writing decently seriously over the past 3-4 years, though I’m not entirely confident I’d be able to write something that measures up! Even if I don’t end up chipping in, I’m still content with seeing this to the end as a reader, though.

2 Likes

Random idea: the door for the EL of sand could, in fact, be the entrance, as it leads directly into the desert. Thus it would match the portals when all doors are open.

With Chapter 12 and the conclusion just being released, the half-finished stories are finally done (albeit not quite canonically).

I’m interested to see where the future of this story goes, and I look forward to seeing how various community ideas may or may not be implemented.

2 Likes

Just got to read the last few chapters of The Powers That Be, and I gotta say, I’m pretty curious about where they plan to take Marendar’s story moving forward. I didn’t expect him to have that much characterization (or, well, even much of a personality), though the concept of a machine incapable of understanding anything but its task growing to believe in unity, and as a result coming onto his own, sounds super compelling. I’m unsure if that’s where Jeff Douglas intends to take things with Marendar, but that’s at least what I got from it.

2 Likes