Mata Nui island destruction

Did any matoran/turaga got killed when the MU has risen?

I think they all left for metru nui after 2003.

No, there were no Matoran still on the island at that point.

I hate to point that out but it actually contradicts what you had said in the past. In Takanuva’s Blog, there was a group of (Ta-?) Matoran who fled from Metru Nui to the surface of Mata Nui, and you confirmed they were killed by the rising Great Spirit Robot in the old LMB topic.

2 Likes

No. When the Ta-Matoran fled, the GSR had already risen. So they just fell out from Teridax’s face

1 Like

Well, I feel stupid now. :stuck_out_tongue:

With that said, it was worth pointing out that some matoran did die due to the reawakening of the Great Spirit, albeit indirectly.

2 Likes

Did they seriously just fall out of his eyes or something? Can @RealGregF confirm or deny this? If they did, wouldn’t they have clearly seen empty, black space near the end of the tunnels, and decided against fleeing? Since Matoran don’t seem to need a distinct set of atmospheric elements in the air to breathe, would they have just exploded or frozen to death? Are they still just out there, floating in space? This is all so freaking bizarre.

It’s possible that the head of the GSR was still in the Atmosphere of Aqua Magna.

~W12~

Yeah, that’s true. (And even likely) That said, there’s that moment when Kapura and a few others, including Miserix, got teleported into space. As far as I remember, they’re both fine - not sure what the implications of that one are.

EDIT: Willess, were you giving that as a reason for why Matoran do, in fact, need certain stuff to breathe, or were you suggesting that the Ta-Matoran didn’t die? Pretty sure that said Matoran would have fallen pretty far if Teridax was still making his way off Aqua Magna in the GSR. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lewa formed air bubbles around their heads.

Well, the fact that Kapura and co. needed Lewa to make Air for them suggests that something in space is bad for them. Whether or not the Ta-Matoran died, though – Even if Teridax is still stanting on Aqua Magna, he’s huge. I like to imagine that he blew his nose or something and they all fell to their death.

~W12~

1 Like

Actually they were haunted by the Rahskhi, so they either jumped to their death or the Rahkshi killed them

1 Like