Matau Hordika Revamp

I actually really like this! It looks like a Hordika enough, and it still ha a Toa look to it as well. But I think the weapons should have been done a bit differently, even though they’re not half bad!

3 Likes

The idea for axes seems wrong on Matau.
Axes belong to Lewa. Not Matau.
Unless it’s all an illusion.

Anyway I do think the weapons could be more faithful, given that you’ve evoke the rest of the hordika look pretty well.

But that eye colour works uncannily well. Do you plan to do more hordika revamps?

I wish my phone would stop suggesting "Hotdogs when I type “Hordika”.

2 Likes

ahh, I wish, but this is the only Hordika head I have, Aside from that I only have the other required parts in red. so… no, unfortunately not.

2 Likes

It doesn’t scream ‘Hordika’ to me, but I still really like how it looks.

1 Like

As a Matau revamp… it kind of works.
It’s got an excellent consistency with the type of parts used for armoring everything from the shoulders down, probably because the type of parts used are largely from the same year, with the exception of those Inika feet. Heck, those new blades fit in really nicely with the overall aestheic of the creation. And, of course, who can say the color scheme isn’t consistent throughout? Metru Green and silver rocks, man.

But, when I look at this, aside from the chest plate and the mask, It doesn’t scream “Hordika” to me. Not very beast-like, or grotesquely mutated in any real way. Nothing growing out at odd angles or strangely shaped proportions. That’s what I’ve come to expect a Hordika creation to look like.
I think as a standard Toa MOC, this is a superb looking creation. As for the beast part… I feel a little more experimentation will go a long way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man this is pretty sweet, I love it, would like more photos though.

1 Like

It’s quite interesting indeed.Though some unique aspects of the original are a little lacking.Primarily the asymmetry between the arms.The revamp doesn’t suffer for it,though it would have been a nice addition.

1 Like

I like it, though it does buck the asymettry for a creepier look I think that’s perfectly fine.

1 Like

FTFY.

Cool MOC. A bit messy on the back and I don’t like the exposed balljoints on the upper legs. Cool revamp though!

2 Likes

I think this is definitely a few steps up from the original Hordika. I really like the way you did the shoulder armor.

As a few people have pointed out, it’s missing the silver on the legs. And although it may not be accurate, the silver he has right now looks almost like a big chestplate, and I personally think it looks cool.

1 Like

im not terribly familiar with what the hordiak look like because i dont have any, but i’d say this is a decent revamp.

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

Adding some asymmetry could go a long way.

1 Like

You should revamp all of them

100 percent better

Definitely looks better than the original.