Matoran Gar ,C&C appreciated!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome
its been a while since i posted a moc, or really anything so i decided that now is as good a time as any to show off my Gar model, that i intend to enter into the ducbricks contest. im gonna try get back into my bionicly groove and post a bit more frequently from now on!
Anyway, onto Gar

Hello!
my essential idea with this guy is to put a bit of a spin on the mahri build, since a lot of people really love it (myself included) but i wanted to do somthing new with it. as he stands he has the stardard legs, but custom arms and completely custom in the torso (mainly for depth and fitting the g2 head on) i gave him some bulk since he’s a Onu Matoran and to help him stand out, tho i will say that the way the arms are constructed does limit articulation a fair bit, i should work on that…

i always found it weird that 2007 didnt have a white or black small set, and honestly i’m really happy with how he looks!
and now for some funny pics and breakdowns

showing off to an unimpressed Rhyla (she’s blue for now since i only have so many teal parts)

BWAHHHHAHAHAHAAA

OH CRAP HE HAS A SWORD!!

Breakdowns!

arms and legs (pretty simple)

aaaannnnd torso!

Enjoy!
(i also go a new place to take these photos, i think it looks a lot better!)

11 Likes

Always wanted to see more of our Voya Nui residents. Gar looks great! I like the use of the G2 Pakari equivalent, and nice adapative torso to G2 head technique

4 Likes

Ooh, I like the mahri matoran build. How did you get the g2 head to work? I hope the upper arm plates don’t interfere with his posing range(rubbing against the chest piece, but that’s the only criticism I’d have. He looks a very snazzy fellow, good job

4 Likes

@Wekua
@Toa-Panem
Thank you Both!!
toa-panem, to awnser your questions, in the breakdowns i was able to show how i used a ball and g2 head to work with this body, also the armor on the side isnt a huge hinderance but ye the arm movement is not the best i’ve created.

5 Likes

Love the beefed-up design thanks to the G2 shell pieces!

5 Likes

Love the torso design

3 Likes

@Axelford @Eilrach
thanks, its probably my favourite part of this moc!

4 Likes

I already love the Mahritoran build and your additions to it are awesome. The G2 mask of earth looks great on him.

4 Likes