Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

The elite guards of Motara need names

(commander Dune)Optimistic and kind but knows that only the three of them can’t save everybodyShort temper,
wants to stop all crime in motara, Dekar killed her family Confused most of the time because he would always caught between the arguments of the other two

8 Likes

I found a list of confirmed G1 Po-Matoran and their jobs and masks (may/may not be including those already mentioned in this topic, correct me when applicable)

Ally (guard, noble Ruru)
Bour (brick-layer, Akaku)
Epena (quarry-master, Pakari)
Gadjati (hewer, noble Rau)
Golyo (Mahi herder, Miru)
Kamen (Stonemason, noble Mahiki)
Kivi (hewer, Kaukau)
Pekka (carpenter, Hau)
Piatra (guard, noble Matatu)
Podu (?, ?)
Kodan (chronicler/cartographer, ?)

Bour/Kodan? and Ally/Piatra could be two of the three guards, and maybe Podu could be the third?

3 Likes

I really like the names Pekka (2nd) and Kodan (3rd). Is Dune ok for the commander?

Ihu batch coming soon

4 Likes

Entirely up to you about the names :slight_smile:.

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Ihu royal guard batch is finished.

I didn’t have much time to think of their personalities or backstories, so that’s all up to you. The only thing that I have thought of is that they had all been there for the vako invasion (and survived).

Naho next

6 Likes

I really like the designs for these Matoran (especially the markings on 3), but I do have a criticism regarding the color scheme. One of the blues you’ve used looks too dark for Ihuans and looks too similar to Nahoan colors. Maybe various shades of grey would be better, to help distinguish who is what?

That being said, the first could be Toudo (acting as a trap-setter), the second could be Kylma (an experienced recruit), and the third could be Mazeka (who becomes a hero).

P.S.: @Gresh113: Could you edit Reysa to also be Onua’s wife (according to @DarkMaestro’s Bereavement)?

2 Likes

Thanks and I like the names. I also appreciate the criticism, but on the point of the color scheme, my source material was Var’s drawing of kopaka and two ihuans (i can’t upload it for some reason). Fun fact, I am experiencing some problems with this blue on nahoans as I’m drawing them.

2 Likes

To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of Var’s color scheme in the source material you’ve used. I understand he’s one of the TTV Cast members and that he’s one of the few who has the final say, and I respect him for that, but I’ve always thought greys would work better than his blues.

Regarding problems with the blue: Technical problems or color scheme problems?

@Gresh113: I just realized Balta is supposed to be Mangaian, not Motari.

2 Likes

You really need to tell me how you made them. I want to try too!

1 Like

I wasn’t a big fan of Var’s color scheme for ihuans so I tried how grey would look on them, but to be honest, i really like the first one now.

Also, which of these nahoan color schemes would work the best with the guards?

First I draw them by hand on paper > take a photo > outline it with black in sketch > color it. All of them were drawn on an LG Spirit, using an app called sketch.

Here are the named ihuans

6 Likes

Thank you very much. And all of them are cool.

1 Like

Regarding Ihuan colors: I personally like 3 the best, although I’m not too good with color choices. That’s why my default for ice was white and grey.

Regarding Naho colors: I’m stuck between 1 and 2. 1 seems more appropriate for a tribe living by the sea, but 2 has vibrancy in it.

Personally, I like 1 or 3 for the Ihuans, and 2 or 1 for the Nahoans.

1 Like

Don’t forget that orange can be incorporated into the Naho design, to some extent. Ven had a bit on the guards, so it wouldn’t be limited to the special Matoran.

3 Likes

Kanae batch finished.

"what is this? The third time this week? What’s your excuse this time Vizuna? Go on, I have all day and I love your acting (laughs)."his personality could be a bit like Levi from attack on titan.no ideas for her

[quote=“UltimateMustacheX, post:107, topic:38103”]
Don’t forget that orange can be incorporated into the Naho design, to some extent.
[/quote]

too much right?

6 Likes

Out of the colors you chose for the Ihuans, I like the one you went with the best. I would like to see one with aqua if you are willing though.

Out of the colors you chose for the Nahoans, I personally like the first one the best.

Edit: I think the Kanae batch looks perfect. What color greens are those?

It actually looks quite good.

2 Likes

Kanae Batch: 1 could be Kongu (captain of the Gukko Force), 2 could be Piruk (leader of the Scout Division), 3 could be Tamaru (flight path navigator, Air Control leader).

Naho Color Scheme: I love it!

1 Like

I’d say you could even make the light blue shoulder (not the armor side) orange too. It seems a bit bottom heavy at the moment.

1 Like

Nice Work! These look amazing!
Of the Kanae, I think the first should be Boreas (Pilot of the Gukko defense force), the second be Tamaru (Way-finder and Air traffic controller), and the third be… Spinner, a Disk maker and Ignalu champ for now, but I have some “Plans” for her…

~Levva

1 Like

I think Kongu should be the 1st one, since that would not only give him an actual character, but it could also save the name Boreas for another character in the future. Plus, the 1st already has the “leader” shoulder pauldron.

1 Like