Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

That Huna looks amazing. Is that the Noble or Great variant (I’m guessing Great)?

The Mangaian Batch is one of my favorite so far (I’m biased toward Tiro), and that Huna sold it for me.

Nahoan Batch: A male Nahoan! At last! For all of them, love the color scheme. The orange is a perfect contrast to the blue (since blue and orange are complementary colors).

Macku: She looks adorable. We needs us a Hewkii to go along with her!

Kanaean Batch: I like how simply altering the name “Spinner” actually makes it sound like a real name. I could totally see “Levi” being an altered version of the name “Lewa”, maybe from a different part of the region(s).

2 Likes
  1. Thanks and yes, my refference was the great huna (mostly the movie version). I don’t think that there should two versions of the same mask but there would be some exceptions like the rau (Dalu’s and Ahkmou’s would be different but so should be the names of the mask).

2. My favorite would have to be the Kanae batch regarding the colors but the most interesting stories would probable come from the Tiroans and Motarans.

3. Can I give hewki a different mask? I know that he should have a kakama but that just wouldn’t work if he would be on the same team as nilku/pohatu.

And finally:
Introducing

the cloth piece could be the one from the graduate and the judge minifigures.

Also, the leg/hip piece of the guards would work the same as the old plastic clone trooper kama.

10 Likes

Okay, Velika’s my favorite.

1 Like

Ikr😃

Also, I finished Kotu

I know that the mask is wrong but this fits better with an inventor.

5 Likes

Since his G1 masks as a Toa were the Sanok and Garai (Accuracy and Gravity) maybe you could use either a Akaku or Matatu.

1 Like

Or maybe try using a Sanok or Garai…

Say he uses the Garai to make equipment lighter, making it easier to carry or what ever he hits lighter so it can be sent further away

1 Like

I don’t think that power would work for his G3 version. Any power that could help him play better (Strength, Speed, Accuracy, etc.) would be considered cheating.

1 Like

@LTVmocs @UltimateMustacheX: You’re assuming their masks have powers. In G3, masks are purely for aesthetics, with the exception of the masks in the Suva vault.

Yes. But once the Matoran gain the masks from the vault, it is expected that they would get a mask of the same kind that they had a replica of. So if Hewkii has a replica mask of accuracy, then he would gain a real one from the vault to retain his mask appearance. This would then be bad for his sports career.

He’s one of the few who have this issue. Jaller would likely have a replica endurance mask like Narmoto, and a real one later would be fine. If you go with Hewkii having the Kakama like Nilkuu, then it would likely be charisma, since that’s the likely canon power of Pohatu’s mask. But if you give him a new mask, it should still reflect whatever power he would gain after the vault opens. (It can look like a Sanok/etc. but a different power would be attributed to it like the Hau being endurance now).

1 Like

Personally, I really don’t like the idea of matoran having mask powers at any point.

Except the toa of course.

1 Like

You could give him a noble Matatu.

1 Like

I like to imagine there was a point where the masks had powers

At one point in history, yes. But that was before the previous Toa sealed the masks away. Since the current Toa uncover the mask vault, they might give masks back to the Matoran.

A bit off topic eh?:grinning:

Edit: I finished Dekar- the chief hunter and Velika’s right hand.

this awesome kiril was designed by @UltimateMustacheX

9 Likes

@Noupix Dekar and Velika are some of the best yet!

1 Like

I just thought of a character that has been talked about by the TTV, but I’m not sure about their canon status: Bingzak (Kanaean, sporting a Faxon to represent their connection with Rahi and other forms of nature).

1 Like

Yes, he’s canon. He serves as a mentor to Lewa since she’s an orphan. He also has some connections with Onua.

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait for a @Noupix original :grin:!

1 Like

it’s as good as done :thumbsup:

2 Likes

There’s a new topic for mask designs here thanks to @Plunko.

2 Likes