Matoro Returns! V2

Well, the MoL certainly made some… interesting choices for Matoro.

Anyways, it’s a really good MOC, but the all-silver boots stick out on an otherwise consistent color scheme.

Err.

If it’s only a hand construction and foot update I don’t think it counts as another version, more an update. Which would belong on the original topic.

3 Likes

Well them boots gotta be pretty thick and tall so he can walk in the deep snow :wink: @Yveran

And on this version i also added armor to the back and re-did some of the torso inside to fill in gaps, but you can’t tell from the pictures since that is kind of a waste of my pictures anyways, cause I can only post three… @Ekorak

the legs look weird since its the only silver on the moc

@nexolo Well I think it looks cool and also cough cough silveronstaff cough cough

Wow. When did Matoro get so buff.

Cool MOC, but I fell like it doesn’t suit Matoro that well. Regardless it’s stil very well done, I just find it hard calling it Matoro.

1 Like

Calling in @Toa_Ketros, Matoro made a full recovery.

Also hot white boi now got even hotter.

1 Like

Nice meme.

1 Like

Boi been lifting. O.O

I’m surprised nobody has joked about using performance enhancing masks… But cool moc! I think if you keep the silver, you should disperse it a bit.

Legs need more white apart from that it looks nice

He is able to destroy makuta with some slaps

The Moc is pretty solid, but the green tubes seem out of place IMO unless it’s feeding him bane juice

Those fingers look so much better! I can’t quite see what’s different with the boots, but they do look a lot better on the contrasting white background. The trans blue and green combo is actually growing on me. That being said, my critiques from before still apply.

In addition, when you do a comparison pic, I recommend putting the two images side-by-side and clearly labelling them. Like this:

The bulk is…interesting.

Color scheme’s pretty good, silver legs aside. (Seriously though, you need to get more white and blue down there)

Personally I think you should replace the trans-lime-green with trans-light-blue, but I can understand why you’d want to keep it there (I’m assuming it’s to help the eyes look less out-of-place). The distribution of it is fine for the most part, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

The new hands look snazzy.

The thighs could do with a wider design though, given this big, bulky, muscular you’re going for.

Overall, it’s decent, but I really think something should be done about those legs.

I suppose it looks better.

MM Matoro has been gettin his squat workout in. Look at dem meaty thighs :DDDD

@legomaster1378 @Cordak_the_Cynical_Makuta

And for the nuva armor, He looks better with than without imo. and I like the silver boots how they are I don’t know why every1 doesn’t like them because I certainly do! And thanks guys for all the constructive criticism it has really helped improve my lego creations to join the message boards with you guys!

2 Likes

opinions m8

He’s improving. Still has a ton of issues, but every little change helps.

Much better!

You’re perfectly entitled to decide what you like or don’t like on your MOC (it’syour MOC after all). However, here’s where I’m coming from:

The exposed bar holes on those HF torsos make the lower part of the boot look empty, like something should be there but isn’t. How about filling them in with something?

Also, the silver Piraka lower leg pieces clash with the different shade of silver on the torsos/shin guards. How about trying to replace that leg piece with a black one in order to make for better contrast?