Matoro's Newest MoC TOA JERICO

I shall explain this.

The Inikabuild uses a lot more textured parts than CCBS does. And, since they’re textured in such a way, it makes them harder to cohesively fit with a MOC, and also limits the type of styling the MOC can have. Also, the Inikabuild limbs are clearly divided in upper limb/lower limb format, leaving minimal room for customization in non-humanoid MOCs. The biggest problem with the Inika build, for me, is the proportions, the upper limb pieces (non-armored) are incredibly skinny compared to the torso, and since the Inika limb pieces don’t have an awful lot of variance in size, the limbs are nearly always much longer than the torso. The reasons people are drawn to CCBS, that I can see, are that its more practical and less decorative parts are easier to integrate into a MOC, usage of these parts in a MOC does not target its styling in a particular direction, and the fact that its parts are divided into several different sizes makes it easy to build MOCs larger or smaller than the target Inika build size.

Key word: “Before”. Then they discovered how limited the Inikabuild was and began to step out into custom builds where they had more control over the variables I mentioned. (Currently I only use Inikabuild parts if I’m out of the parts I need to make something custom, building a simple and nonimportant MOC, or if I find the part is useful in a custom body – see Eikaal’s chest for example.

6 Likes