Mecha Zaktan

I made a moc of Zaktan compensating for his overall lack of protodites with a robotic body. :smile:
Sorry for the weird shadows. I was lacking natural light when I shot it, and the way my lamp is positioned cast shadows on the protruding bits.

Iā€™m not going to clutter the topic up with pictures any further. If you want to see more, thereā€™s a gallery here: Brickshelf Gallery - Title says all nubs

Before you tear this monstrosity to shreds with your unrelenting criticism, I figured that Iā€™d share the story of how it came about. Recently Iā€™ve been rereading the Bionicle Legends book series, and after that scene with the Piraka turned snakes in Downfall I came up with a cool idea. I decided that I wanted to make one of the Piraka with a robotic body to compensate for the lack ofā€¦ limbs. I decided on Zaktan 'cuz heā€™s my favorite Piraka, but way into the building process(as I formulated my backstory) I looked up what happened to Zaktan. As it would turn out, I needed to revise my story a bit. So the revised story goes something more like this: After being scattered by the Sonic hum, Zaktan finally pulled himself together enough to function. Mata Nuiā€™s life rays reversed his need to breathe water, but Zaktan still couldnā€™t recover the protodites lost to the golden skinned beingā€™s creation. What was left was not much more than his head, spine, and a makeshift tail for the sake of mobility. He needed a new body. Fortunately or not, his powers remained intact, so it wasnā€™t too hard to ā€œconvinceā€ a nearby settlement of Nynrah Ghosts to get to work on his powersuit. Their work was magnificent, and they even provided him with a new tri-bladed scissor. Regardless, it was not like Zaktan to leave any loose ends, so the unfortunate Matoran were the first to see their handiwork in action.

Alright, thatā€™s all. Comments, constructive criticism, etc. is much appreciated. Iā€™d like to know what I did right and what I didnā€™t. :smile:

16 Likes

I think itā€™s cool, with the simple and clean HF Bones used to good effect, and the mechanical feel coming across. Torsoā€™s pretty epic, but the feet are kinda weird. I think they could be done with a different combination of feet pieces, or maybe lose one of the sets, either the HF or Piraka feet.

@Nyran

Oh! I forgot to explain the feet. I really wanted to use the Piraka feet, but the axle connection on one of them is broken, so I used the HF feet to connect them, but thatā€™s kind of temporary. Iā€™m still looking for another silver piraka foot to fix it.

love the beefed up zammor launcher

Great design and also the idea is cool.

Sick! Though Iā€™m not too sure about the tailā€¦

ā€¦

I want that for a set now.

5 Likes

Meta-Zaktan

That is absolutely beautiful. I love how itā€™s all silver and robot-y then he has the giant green head.

1 Like

I agree with Chronicler, that needs to be a set

1 Like

Cyber-@viper ?

1 Like

This is amazing! A very unique and cool concept, I kinda wish this actually happened, it sucked what happened to the Piraka XD.
In addition, you should read the books, I havenā€™t read downfall, but Iā€™ve read all the 06 books recently, so many funny moments in them, even if theyā€™re not intentionally funny.

11 Likes

Well, if Bionicleā€™s return is a continuation or a ā€œfar flung futureā€ reboot, they may end up retconning the gold skinned being. In other words, who knows? Might be changed! :smiley:

dang this be good (gives thumbs up)

That Tri-Blade thing-a-ma-jigā€¦ itā€™s so awesome.

2 Likes

Viper making a Harry Potter reference. Donā€™t see that every day!
#snapekilleddumbledore

Maaan, didnā€™t you real the rules post? Spoilers arenā€™t allowed on these forums

Oh look.

A Chro.

:stuck_out_tongue:

A Chro? Are there more of me?
(Please tell me they didnā€™t escapeā€¦)

6 Likes

I thought spoilers were ok here as long as it has been 30 days since the source of the spoilerā€™s release. Even if thatā€™s not the case, spoilers that have become such great memes are probably exceptions to the rule. Also,
#vaderislukesfather