Mega Quake

For my very first TTV Message Board Post, I have decided to upload a MOC I made for PakariNation99. His Self-MOC has a pet turtle called Quake, so I proceeded to make a much larger version. Hence the name, Mega Quake.
He has a good reputation on the Board, and posts regularly, so I won’t go into much detail about him, other than his turtle’s name was from 2014 and had nothing to do with Quake Beast.
While we are on this picture, I initially used Skull spider legs for his jaw, but found these smaller ones to be more fitting. Overall, it was pretty simple and fun to make. The only issue was making a feature you’ll see soon.

If I were to ever redo this moc, I would try to improve the side armor, since the top armor curves enough to warrant coverage and make it seem more like a turtle shell. Also, I built this at the age of 14, which for me wasn’t my prime building time.

A rear view shows that he can hold either of PN99’s self-moc’s crossbows, since the original Quake also could.
That ball joint underneath comes into play soon enough.

Thus begins Quake’s transformation. Quake the turtle rahi also had the ability to transform into a spider. Though this transformation is more complex, it’s a weak attempt at a Bioformer.

The Rhakshi neck armor hides the extra limbs fairly well, and the side armor parts are part of the new legs. Adding four extra legs to make it an official spider was a bit too much, so I stuck with just two extra. Also, the front of the head flips down to give spider Quake his abdomen.

The extra legs are rather awkward, but I never revised this moc, so they stay. The eye pieces can stay on the turtle face, or be put on the legs easily, nothing else to say about that.
The red crystals were to make the same look as the original Quake’s spider eyes, found in this post:
http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/403131
Again, in the future I would have liked to make some improvements. However, my mocs have been just about entirely disassembled to fit in storage, and it is unlikely I will ever have time to make new ones. I will gradually migrate them from MocPages to here, since I look forward to participating more in this community. One or two even involve normal Legos.

Anyway, that’s all for my first post. Hope you liked it, and stay here to see more in the next few days.

A parting gift from Mega Quake himself.

23 Likes

Yo, I remember this MOC! :laughing:

Thanks for the post, man, he still looks freaking awesome, especially the spider form!

Good to see you on the Boards too! Welcome!

Also, you can @ me on here too! Was a nice surprise to see it was Quake!

1 Like

You really nailed that turtle look!

3 Likes

Welcome! I can’t wait to see what else you make.

1 Like

Welcome, my child, feel free to check out the two good mocs ive posted here, Ahiru take 3, and Makuta Kaihoko.

Or don’t. Whatevs. Maybe there’re better mocs out there you want to see I don’t care.

So yeah I’m Duckie. I see you’re friends with PN. That’s nice. Um… bai now

2 Likes

@Tarkur Thanks! I went half turtle, half tortoise, but was pretty pleased with the end result.
@EmperorDuckie You’ve got more progress than I have, since I neer build anymore. Thanks and bai!

1 Like

Your not allowed to double post.

//Tarkur