Melfious and the Universe: Character Mythos and Eventual Story?

Soooooo this is going to be a long post that will be edited many many times. It’s this character mythos that I want to someday turn into a story, and so far, there is a lot of ground to cover. I have everything up to a point completely flushed out for the character, but then I’m stuck. I’ll have to add those parts on in chunks because the stories are scattered around my computer (meaning I’m still looking for Chronicles 2-11).

So anyway, this is completely unrelated to BIONICLE in any way, shape or form, but I thought it would be interesting enough to post here.

Chronicle: I Part 1 - Birth of Melfious

This is the time before there was nothing, the time when great beings of infinite power strolled the emptyness, the time of birth. A great figure opened its eyes, slowly, painfully. Although you couldn’t quite say where its eyes were, you could tell, it was looking. For the first time.
Whiteness. All white. That is what Melfious saw. It needed no time to adjust to the conditions, being the supreme example of power. Yes… power. That is what it felt coursing through its being. The power to create, the power to destroy, the power to observe. With a wave of it’s hand (Though what its hand looked like, one could not say) there was suddenly a burst of colorful rays everywhere, and nowhere. The human visible spectrum, down to infrared and radio, and up to ultraviolet and gamma light. Melfious saw it all and more.
The comprehension of what came in the next few billions of years is beyond what even Paxdon could imagine. The universe hadn’t been created yet, so all of space and time was in the same spot and the same moment. Yet, it was infinite space and time. Melfious could stand or float around as it pleased, creating little things and watching chaos decay them away. It rather enjoyed observing chaos, a random event of events cascading everything into nothing. It was, a lonely existence, but Melfious enjoyed it as such.
Then, twelve more appeared, just as Melfious had, slowly but presently and powerfully. Each one different from the other, yet all were the same in one way: They were not Melfious.
While Melfious would create things simply to see them wither, these twelve would create things to see them last, to see them overcome and become. They were permanent. Melfious found this to be boring, and so, secluded himself away, for billions of years, conducting his own experiments and taking little interest in the goings on of his “family.”
This is how it should have lived, but soon, that life was to be interrupted.

Chronicle: I Part 2 - Birth of the Universe

It was only a short while before the twelve newest beings began to grow bored of their abstractly infinite confine. They felt the need to make something, to make it real and tangible. Galden, the most mature of the twelve began thinking of a new playground for all 13 beings (Alas, none had forgotten of the shade, though it never interacted much with the others) to build and explore. Rule were drafted, particles conceived, spaces were fathomed and time was set.
This sudden spur of activity was enough to draw even Melfious itself out from self-exclusion. It was intrigued… after all, a new sandbox filled with rules and reality had opportunity for study. Careful study. It slowly joined the other twelve, all of whom welcomed it with open arms. Melfious aided as he was told, but before this new “universe,” (As Galden so named it) was ready to be made, it made a quick addition, just for kicks. Anti matter.
Violent reactions occurred not even a fraction of a “second” later, anti-matter and matter collided and neutralized. The expanding bubble of reality was filled to the brim with explosions and collisions as the two opposites annihilated each other. The beings were shocked to see that, already, their experiment was failing. Melfious was the only one watching, studying with an almost perverse fascination as chaos once more ensued.
The creation was over quickly. Melfious’ anti-matter had done its damage, drastically reducing the size of the universe. It was very much pleased, however, the others were not.
Now particles were colliding at a slower rate, creating what would be known one day as atoms.
Melfious wandered, following the edge of the expanding universe, getting farther and farther away from its brothers and sisters. It had experiments to run.
Behind it, Galden had already suspected it to be the cause of anti-matter. His thoughts were never shared aloud though. Instead, he brooded, and waited.

This mythos has eleven chronicles all with anywhere from one to seven parts. I’ll try to find the rest of them on my computer, but for now, tell me what you think. And again: THIS IS NOT A BIONICLE STORY! They may be great beings, but they are not the Great Beings.

So yeah, critique and stuff is appreciated. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

Fascinating. Can’t wait to see more.

Chronicle: I Part 2 - Birth of the Universe

It was only a short while before the twelve newest beings began to grow bored of their abstractly infinite confine. They felt the need to make something, to make it real and tangible. Galden, the most mature of the twelve began thinking of a new playground for all 13 beings (Alas, none had forgotten of the shade, though it never interacted much with the others) to build and explore. Rule were drafted, particles conceived, spaces were fathomed and time was set.This sudden spur of activity was enough to draw even Melfious itself out from self-exclusion. It was intrigued… after all, a new sandbox filled with rules and reality had opportunity for study. Careful study. It slowly joined the other twelve, all of whom welcomed it with open arms. Melfious aided as he was told, but before this new “universe,” (As Galden so named it) was ready to be made, it made a quick addition, just for kicks. Anti matter.Violent reactions occurred not even a fraction of a “second” later, anti-matter and matter collided and neutralized. The expanding bubble of reality was filled to the brim with explosions and collisions as the two opposites annihilated each other. The beings were shocked to see that, already, their experiment was failing. Melfious was the only one watching, studying with an almost perverse fascination as chaos once more ensued. The creation was over quickly. Melfious’ anti-matter had done its damage, drastically reducing the size of the universe. It was very much pleased, however, the others were not. Now particles were colliding at a slower rate, creating what would be known one day as atoms. Melfious wandered, following the edge of the expanding universe, getting farther and farther away from its brothers and sisters. It had experiments to run.Behind it, Galden had already suspected it to be the cause of anti-matter. His thoughts were never shared aloud though. Instead, he brooded, and waited.

Found part 2!

1 Like

Oh no. What’s Galden gonna do now?

I can’t seem to find many other chronicles on this PC, so I’ll have to look through some old hard drives and stuff.

This has been a general update because stuff like this apparently matters.

1 Like