Mention parents in MU.

In “Mystery of Metru Nui” (Chapter 4) guard of Archives said:
“Tehutti’s always here, Toa ‘Whenua.’ He spends his whole life down with the exhibits. He showed up here all excited about some ■■■■■■■■ or another, probably another Rahi only its mother could love. But there’s nothing on the ship schedule for today.”
So, this Matoran knew that some creatures have parents. However, I do not remember any creatures in MU which can have children. I understand that it was just a joke, but I cannot come up with any justification for it. I made this topic to find an explanation for it.

3 Likes

Another thing that comes to mind are the Rahkshi as “sons of Makuta”.

I dimly remember some answer regarding this choice of words - could have been Greg, but I’m not sure. Basically this would only be the “English translation” of the language the people would speak in-universe. So “mother” in this context could just mean “creator” whereas “son” translates to something like “coming from/created by”.

It is reasonable for a Matoran to assume that someone must have created Rahi, even if he doesn’t know who. After all Matoran legend has it that the Matoran themselves were created a long time ago.

8 Likes