Mission: Exaggerated Extinction

Connecting…

Access Granted.

Herosoft MC [version 3.14.ba]

© Makuro Industries. All Rights Reserved.

H:\Users\>_

H:\Users\> HRT:\HR\Missions\Invasion_From_Below\Reports

HRT:\HR\Missions\Invasion_From_Below\Reports>_

HRT:\HR\Missions\Invasion_From_Below\Reports>Exaggerated_Extinction.mhdv

Opening Document…

Playing audio…Identified speaker: Merrick Fortis.

Background: Antropolis City, the beloved jewel of dwarf planet Cavapālor, was besieged by gigantic beasts. Although Hero Factory successfully ended the crisis, it was proven to be underprepared. The monsters decimated all deployed battle machines quite effectively. Perhaps the machines would have performed better under experienced pilots rather than the celebrity team. Even still, the Jumpers proved capable of downing many Drop Ships, despite talented pilots. As we could learn more from these creatures, I assigned Mia Spyrix recurring observations and investigations in Antropolis City. Knowledge is strength, and by the core do we need it to fend off an attack like this again.

Audio ending…

Playing next audio track…Identified speaker: Mia Spyrix.

Entry 1: Arrived in Antropolis one planetary rotation after Alpha 1 Team completed the mission. The city has already made significant progress in repairs, though civilians are grumbling about the restrictions on underground expansion. Just within the borders of the city so far, but news broadcasts say regulation will soon apply to the entire planet. Mr. Makuro sure knows how to strong-arm these guys.

Not sure why any civilians would want to go down there after the public footage of the Alpha Team’s efforts. The odd magnetic forces alone would take most of the city’s income to get under control. Hopefully, the new memorial will distract them. I’ll use some of the larger cracks to explore the caverns in the meantime. Don’t work too fast boys, I’d hate to blow open a resealed hole.

TBC

9 Likes

Entry 2: If the monster attack wasn’t so publicized or Antropolis so populated, I’d question why I have to frequently visit over leaving observation equipment. Too much of a security risk if data transmissions were intercepted – not that anyone can get a reliable signal down here. But even if they didn’t send transmissions, there’s the off-chance device activity could be detected through more hollow sections. That and the magnetic interference down here is worse than anticipated. The equipment could get randomly wiped from a bad spike. So manually scanning and spelunking I go.

Been focusing on the cocoons as requested by the flops. They’ve got cocoons back at the lab, but some things can only be learned in their natural habitat. And they are very strange. For one, they’re a plant.

Almost like composite flowers, though their base and roots are so short they could be mistaken as just the flower head or petals. Their structure is more gelatinous, sort of like the goo found within them. The goo appears to be their primary source of nutrients, which is possibly why they have a similar structure. I’ve been told the lab samples are decomposing at unusual rates for a “cocoon.” From here I am getting similar, but slower, rates of rot from abandoned “cocoons.” If they were true silk cocoons like some endangered fauna, their rate of decomposition wouldn’t be so quick. But it is slower than typical plant matter.

I do find the idea of the goo being the plants’ food interesting in relation to the Jumpers. We’d need live specimens to confirm, but perhaps they had a symbiotic relationship. The Jumpers protect and feed the plants, and the plants in turn protect the young until they’re fully grown. Then the plants consume the leftover goo not used by the growing Jumper. But if that’s the case, what did the plants do to survive before the Jumpers?

3 Likes

Entry 3: Between me and the flops, we think we have a good understanding of the “cocoon” goo now. The goo is a mild mutagenic substance, effects vary depending on color. We haven’t determined what each one does yet, but this appears to be the activation source of Jumper mutation. The Jumpers absorb it as they mature and store a more concentrated version within themselves. Then they flood their body with the chemical when they want metamorphosize. It appears that blue targets crystalline mutation, green for poison and acid, and red for plasma. Need more samples and testing to confirm, but it seems the Queen Beast alters the goo for desired effects.

Some testing suggests that orange goo would turn objects into a food of sorts. Likely what their Queen would consume and what could have become of those captured civilians. However, the blue goo is more concerning to me. It can not only cause crystal growths or become crystal-like in structure, which Jumpers already share to a degree, but mutate other minerals. The Queen was attempting to mutate the Quaza Cores of captured Heroes. Simulations indicate that if the Heroes were in there long enough, they would have become something like the beasts.

Quaza Beasts.

Quaza.

Beasts.

If she was successful could you…we would have to…I don’t know if I could do it.

Simulations indicate complete and total catastrophic failure in the event of Quaza Beast being created. The best outcome would result in Antropolis and the next three closest cities being completely eradicated. Heroes are advised to leave immediately; proximity will result in being controlled and possibly mutated into another Quaza Beast. Orbital strike recommended, resulting Quaza Beast death will unleash a massive power surge that will glass all surrounding areas.

Recommendation: Find a counteragent to destroy goo and safely reverse mutation. Never let data on goo ever be obtained by villains. Once the counter is developed, destroy the chemical formula for goo.

2 Likes

Entry 4: One month since invasion later and some creeps tried breaking through the tunnel barrier. Luckily (for once), Cavapālor is one of those stubborn worlds that still own a police force. Would have looked strange if some citizens suddenly vanished. They’re only charged with minor trespassing, young bots looking for thrills. Though for some reason, I can’t shake there being more sinister intentions. Can’t be a coincidence now that the excavation and underground exploration laws are in full force.

At least the city has almost settled on what the memorial will look like. Can’t they ever just be happy with Hero Factory’s initial proposals? It will be right in front of the sealed tunnel with hidden access for Recon agents only. The sooner that’s built, the easier it will be for me to get down there. They are starting to get angry and suspicious with the mysterious reopening holes. Maybe I should take a hint from the creeps and try getting in through the barrier here on out.

2 Likes

Entry 5: We need a better name for the Jumpers. Might work well for marketing and merchandise partners, but it does not do these creatures justice. They are the Heroes of beasts. Their Queen can alter their genetic structure to adapt and complete whatever mission is required. Just like every Hero, Jumpers are born to handle specific tasks or retrofitted to handle them if they encounter difficulty.

Which brings more clarity to the goo and its different types. The Jumper’s structure is a series of different locks and the goo types are all different keys. It’s the Queen’s method to ensure they transform into the desired beast. But it’s not a guarantee.

The Jumper can activate this metamorphosis at any time and instantly transform into a larger, more powerful form. While the beast they become is predetermined by the Queen, further study indicates they store enough mutagenic substances in their bodies that they could become any number of different things. They are only limited by their own basic structure and the ability to better control the mutations. Jumpers can activate it, but only outside forces like their Queen can really control what it does.

This is both incredible and terrifying. A villain getting their clutches on a Jumper is already bad enough, but if something like the Brains got to the Jumpers? They could mutate them into monsters of incalculable destruction. Hero Factory, let alone the galaxy, might not survive such an attack if that were to happen.

As far as the wider galaxy is concerned, the Jumpers are extinct. Any potential remains on the surface from the battle were confiscated or destroyed by Hero Factory. However, it is always possible that some samples slipped under our optics during cleanup. And with how large this underground network is, some might still be alive in here.

Though this is only one nest. They have not been excavated, but we have found several other nests on the planet with potential signs of life. The magnetic activity messes with typical scans and are deep enough to go unnoticed by most seismic tests, making advance discovery difficult. I almost wonder if this was done on purpose.

2 Likes

Entry 6: Although not requested, I have been gathering data on the acid. The acid lakes in these caverns appear to be a very highly concentrated version of the goo. It could be extra runoff from hatched Jumpers, but unlikely as it appears their “cocoons” eat most of the excess. The acid itself is similar to the kind used by Crawler Beasts, however, it is also unlikely to be extra runoff. Our best guess is that this is a sort of ancient radioactive waste, which would help explain the toxic fumes in those locations.

But waste from what? There was no evidence of this planet previously having sapient organic lifeforms. If there were, they didn’t advance enough to cause a RR event like the others. Though we don’t have any better ideas, so I’m going to start looking for signs.

2 Likes

Entry 7: It has now been two months since the invasion event. A local broadcast reported that the tunnel driller was stolen. Stolen. And only now it gets talked about?! I thought it was returned weeks ago! How does something that large get stolen and not be notified until now?

Terrible reporting aside, I was able to track down the drill. It was far away from the city so no-one could see or hear it. They were within a hundred kilometers of reaching city borders, heading straight for the nest. The thugs weren’t much trouble, they never saw me coming. Reported the findings to local authorities, the drill is now on its way back to the rental.

I still can’t believe that happened. If they had just drilled the other way for a couple kilometers, they could have hit another potential nest. At least we believe to have identified all potential nest locations and now they’re under orbital surveillance.

2 Likes

Entry 8: I’ve been searching around down here for about a solid month now. I’m not an archeologist, so I can only do so much myself. Been sending back virtual maps and images of what I’ve found, and it appears the caverns are a lost city. Or at least, part of it is a lost city. The hexagonal pillars are artificially made, along with several other structures. We have found some pictorial scratches, though the professors tell me they’re likely scribbled drawings of the previous inhabitants trapped down here than a language.

No remains of the inhabitants themselves. With the acid and monsters, can’t say I’m surprised. Though it looks like they were responsible for the creation of the monsters. Maybe they sunk the city to take the beasts with them? Or the Jumpers buried the city? Not sure, but I’m not going to find anything more on this front. From here on out, my trips will just be to collect observations on the remaining decay cycles of the “cocoons.”

Audio ending…

1 Like

Mission Entry:

Automatic playing video…Video source: Spyrix headgear.

Antropolis City’s new memorial appears on screen, made visible thanks to spotlights. An indicator in the corner shows that it was around dusk in local time during recording. There were still construction vehicles around, though no scaffolding on the statues or any bots to be seen. The memorial was as large as the machines and beasts it depicted; Evo’s XL Machine took center stage as it pushed back the Queen Beast. Furno’s, Rocka’s, and Stormer’s battle machines were all there as well, each taking down a different beast while smaller Heroes fended off Jumpers. A still reenactment, even if inaccurate.

Spyrix (voiceover): It had been four months since the Invasion from Below mission. My time here was almost done, only needed to record the last stage of the “cocoon” decay cycle. With the memorial finally completed, cavern access was much easier.

A red hand appears in view and presses against a back section of the statues, opening a hole. The video jumps into the darkness, a slight compression can be heard as the opening seals before landing in the cave. Light emits from the footage source and travels around, scanning shriveled pasty-grey slime.

However, there was something more pressing I wanted to investigate.

Footage returns to the hole as she climbs out. The camera peeks about, giving a quiet sigh before fully exiting. The light turns off and she heads into the dark streets, going further into the city.

The city was going to host a large celebration for the memorial’s completion, but rumors spoke of an extra surprise. An image on HeroBook appeared to have a cocoon petal in the background only a few days before the celebration announcement. Photo origin was traced to a room in Antropolis’s largest Robo-Sports stadium. A week later, Hero Factory received an anonymous tip that civilians were giving noise complaints, something that sounded like bestial roars. Areas of complaints were within possible hearing range from the stadium. An intergalactic circus was staying at the stadium for advance setup and a possible explanation of the noise.

It could have all just coincidence and paranoia, but I had to make sure. I didn’t like to think that we slipped up and a cocoon or Jumper got away from us, but it was always a possibility. And if someone in Antropolis had it, I would find it.

Video source: Hero Factory surveillance, local security.

The screen shifts perspectives, showing the silver and red armored Hero in full view. Her back was to the camera, on a rooftop surveying the city. The city was dark, most streetlights were out or on a low dim. By contrast, the stadium was brightly lit and seemed to be full of activity. As Spyrix looked down upon the city, something didn’t seem right. The stadium lights weren’t on, it was the circus equipment.

Spyrix: Receon you there?

Receon: Yes, but—

Spyrix: Good, I need to know if I’m crazy. Is this sector darker than normal?

Receon: Comparing satellite imaging…Yes, it is comparatively darker than in previous months. It appears that the power is being diverted to another location.

Spyrix moves her gaze to follow the city skyline before jumping to a higher vantage point. She continues scanning the scene, looking for the brighter lights in the darkened city. If the circus was a distraction, then it had to be nearby.

Spyrix: Can you find where?

Receon: Based on the grid readings, it should be a warehouse a couple blocks from your position. Now about—

Spyrix: I see it! Thanks Receon, you’re the best.

Receon: Spyrix!

Video source: Confiscate security systems, memory core remains.

Visuals change to the inside of the warehouse; it was largely empty aside from some thugs and a large, caged beast. A thug pokes an orange Jumper with a metal rod, angering the creature. It jumps at the low-gear, but the energy cage bounces it back with a burning screaming. The thug chuckles as the massive beast is unable to do anything to him.

Unidentified Thug 2: Would you stop that!

Unidentified Thug 1: I’m just having some fun with it.

The Jumper bashes into the cage again, causing the lights to flicker.

Unidentified Thug 2: Quit it before someone notices! You have any idea how much power it takes to keep it in there?

Unidentified Thug 1: Alright, alright…Just one more.

The Jumper knocks the rod into the beams with one of its legs and the thug lets out a surprised gasp. It stares the thug down and starts glowing, radiating heat as it begins to rapidly grow. The cage alarms start screaming as it overloads.

Video source: Hero Factory surveillance, local media devices.

Footage switches back to Spyrix landing on another roof, making her way to the warehouse. She pauses, looking for her next jump when the warehouse bursts into a ball of plasma and fire. The resulting shockwave knocks the Hero on her back, shattering the glass panels on the surrounding buildings. Warnings fill Spyrix’s helmet, causing her to snap her multi-tool shield in front of her face and Hero Core. Glass shards bounce off the shield, littering the roof as a gigantic roar takes command.

When the shards stop, Spyrix gets up and sees a titanic monster standing in the warehouse’s burning remains. It was as large, if not bigger, than the Queen Beast. The monster sported massive claws and short skeletal wings, spewing plasma fire from its hands into the blackened sky. She stood in awe as the beast thrashes several vehicles in the air with its tail. It turned its orange head towards the city, all six eyes are drawn to the stadium. With another roar, the beast starts walking towards its new target.

Receon: I tried to warn you.

Spyrix: How soon can Hero Teams get here?

Receon: The closest ones are busy with high-risk threats, unknown ETA. Next most available will take thirty minutes to arrive.

Spyrix: That’s too late. How soon could you get a battle machine here?

Receon: No, you can’t do that. What if you’re seen? It’s against—

The beast’s tail swings into a random building, causing it to cave in. Civilian screams can be heard, some were shouting about calling Hero Factory. Spyrix jumps down and runs towards the monster.

Spyrix: I don’t care. If anyone asks, I’ll just pretend I’m Bulk. We need to stop this thing now.

Receon: You think they’d recognize you as Bulk with those red arms?

Spyrix: Receon!

Receon: With some retrofitting, ten minutes.

Spyrix: Timer set for ten. Hey! HEY! Oh wait, I mean uh…

She deepens her voice modulator.

Spyrix: Yo! Hey! Down here!

A few meters away from the giant’s sweeping tail, the Hero raises her multi-tool shield and starts rapidly firing shots. Most strike near the end of the tail, sending chills up the beast’s spine as ice starts building. The monster gives a confused grunt and causes the tail to send a burst of flame, instantly melting all the ice. At the same time, it swiftly turns around, whipping its tail in a wide sweeping motion. An action so quick that Spyrix could only register it in time to move her shield to block.

Struck, the tiny Hero is sent hurtling through the air before crashing into the street, somersaulting backwards. Spyrix only stops when she slams into a streetlamp, which bends over from the force. She then falls helmet first into the concrete with a resounding clunk and becomes motionless. The beast watches, but not seeing her get up after several seconds decides it was victorious. Torching a nearby building with a victorious roar, it turns around and resumes heading for its target.

Spyrix: …ow.

Spyrix slowly gets back up, giving several minor complaints of pain. She inspects her shield, finding it dented and busted. It would no longer protect against heated projectiles, nor able to fire its ice blasts. The attached swords were at least still functional.

Receon: Thank the core, you’re still alive! That one strike dropped you to 35% left in your Hero Core.

Spyrix: What?!

Receon: Retreat, return to HQ immediately.

Spyrix: No….no, I still got this. I only need to distract it for…nine minutes.

Receon: We don’t need a dead Hero on top of civilian casualties, let alone a Recon agent.

She shakes her head and tries to focus. After a second, she gives a quick gasp as a surge of power rushes through her frame. Spyrix stands back up with renewed strength, having just supercharged her core.

Spyrix: You know what? You have a point, I will go back.

Receon: Yes, listen to—

Spyrix: And ram it with my Hero Pod.

Receon: That’s nowhere near my point!

The scene jumps ahead a few minutes in time. Civilians are still evacuating out of nearby buildings as the beast reaches the stadium. It looms over, peering down at the abandoned circus equipment, seeming as though it’s looking for something. It sniffs about, giving a small cry as it looks back and forth. Though after about a minute, the monster gives an outraged bellow, lighting its massive mitts aflame. Balls of plasma-fire start building up and the beast raises its arms to deliver a burning blow.

And as the arms come down, the Hero Pod comes into view and rockets into the beast’s abdomen. It spits out some flames as its air is forced out, falling backwards into a crumpled heap in the streets below. The ship continues trying to push its way into the beast before melting and exploding from the plasma’s extreme heat. Spyrix, having ejected before crashing into the beast, finally lands just outside the stadium’s walls. She walks into the street, assessing the situation. The beast laid still, but it was breathing. Civilians start coming over to get a closer look.

Civilians: Look! It’s Hero Factory!

They’re finally here!

Wow! They took down that monster fast!

Spyrix: Get out of here, it’s not over yet!

The beast twitches and the growing crowd is startled. They all start backing away and resume going to safety shelters. Not a moment too soon, for the monster slowly gets back up. Spyrix mutters something about her broken tool and then runs and jumps on top of the beast. She rushes across its torso, trying to reach the throat when it rolls over. The Hero braces herself, turning her own body as she falls, landing on her shield.

Both get back up, but the creature is faster, and it swings a kick at Spyrix. She quickly lunges into a small roll to avoid the kick, coming out of the roll into a starting run. Getting frustrated, the beast growls and spews a wave of plasma at its small annoyance. Spyrix quickly considered her options, booking it to keep ahead of the flames. Not wanting to bring fire closer to potential civilians, she keeps a tight curve back around to the beast and towards the stadium. She runs up the stadium wall and leaps backwards over the flames just as the beast stopped its stream of plasma. Even the infernal monster had a heat limit and needed to let its claws cool.

The Hero lands in front of the beast and turns to face it, only to be snatched up by its mitts. Spyrix screams as her armor burns from the beast’s red-hot claws, she even starts to become soft as it squeezes her tighter. Alarms scream in her helmet, as does Receon, for her overheating and possible core damage. Fighting against the pain, Spyrix squirms, trying to get free as the fiery beast brings her towards its open jaw. The monster loosens its claws as it prepares to toss the Hero down its gullet, giving Spyrix just enough wiggle room. She starts moving her shield in a sawing motion, the attached blades slicing into the beast’s hand. It lets out a surprised yelp, fully opening its claw to drop Spyrix. However, she uses this moment to jump from its hand and onto the top of its head.

The beast, confused for a brief second, tries swiping her off. Seeing the claws coming, Spyrix quickly moves and hangs off the side of its head. When it opens its mouth to roar a complaint, the Hero kicks its jaw further open and shoves her multi-tool inside, blades pointed up. She then releases the shield and drops to the ground as the beast tries to close its mouth, only to be met with sharp pain. The creature cries, marching around like someone who stubbed their toe, trying to get the shield out. Spyrix mutters something about not having any weapons now and checks the timer.

Spyrix: Where’s that–

Receon: It’s here! It’s here! Ahead of schedule, being dropped now!

Only now did Spyrix look up and see a dropship having arrived and the falling battle machine it delivered. The machine crashed into the street, making the sound of a car wreck, but surprisingly appeared unharmed. Though it was unlike any of the battle machines Spyrix had known, it was more car-like. This lime-green armored machine sported four covered wheels and two cannons. The site of it bewildered Spyrix enough that her urgency paused.

Spyrix: You sent me a buggy?

The beast gives a deep and outraged bellow as it finally removes the shield from its mouth, melting the thing into slag. Being snapped back into her mission, Spyrix rushed to the battle machine and jumps in.

Receon: Just finish this thing! It was the best I could get last minute.

Spyrix: Right, right! It will do!

Spyrix moves the controls around, adjusting to them as the overgrown Jumper finds her again. She trains the cannons at the monster’s head and fires off several blasts of water. The beast brings up its claws, blocking the blasts. When it brings them down, it almost seems to be grinning as the water unintentionally cooled off its mitts.

Spyrix: …Wrong button.

The blazing beast throws plasma at the buggy and Spyrix shifts into high gear, turning and racing away from the monster and flames. As the buggy tears down the street, the beast chases after, throwing balls of plasma. Spyrix slams the controls down for a tight turn, swerving back to face the charging beast. She races to meet the monster head-on, hydro-cannon moving around wildly, sending blast after blast, putting out the incoming plasma balls. At the same time, the goo cannon moves along with it, firing at the beast, hoping to strike it. Though the monster leans side to side just enough to avoid the goo bath.

Just as the buggy comes within the beast’s striking range, Spyrix forces it to turn and starts circling the monster. Both cannons relentlessly fire, but with such erratic movement and Spyrix needing to concentrate on driving and aiming and firing the cannons, many shots miss. The beast comes to a skidding halt in its charge and spins around to whip its tail around. Spyrix tries to adjust the machine’s wheels into a bunny hop to go over the tail but is too slow and her vehicle is hit.

The battle machine is sent tumbling and Spyrix closes her optics, bracing herself. It rolls over several times before crashing into a building’s concrete side. When it stops moving, Spyrix opens her eyes and is relieved to find herself okay. She moves the controls, but the vehicle doesn’t move. Tires screech as it tries to pull itself out of the wall but fails to budge. Diagnostic panels appear on the vehicle HUD, showing major damage in body structure and malfunction in rear wheels. Spyrix starts moving the controls rapidly, trying to go in any direction to possibly get out.

Receon: …spyrix… SPYRIX! Look out!

Spyrix looks out towards the street and sees the beast land near with a loud thud. She quickly moves the controls, looking between the monster and the HUD. The buggy was stuck, but the cannons were still operations and could move. The hydro-cannon turns and launches its watery blasts, quenching the incoming plasma-fire as the beast approached. Spyrix tries aiming a shot for the goo cannon, but the burning monster was now jumping and partially flying, avoiding stray water blasts.

Spyrix: Come on, come on! Just stop already!

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, the beast is shot down and crashes into the street. Spyrix is confused, probably as much as the monster, but it was already getting back up.

Receon: I know, it just won’t stay still!

Spyrix: …Receon?

Receon: Thank me later, just put it down while you still can!

Realizing this may be her only chance, Spyrix comes back into action and fires the goo cannon at the beast. It yelps a surprise and then is splattered in the face by goo, shutting it up. Spyrix fires relentlessly until it is covered in a heap of goo.

When she finally realizes the beast is fully down, she stops, staring at the controls, trying to calm herself. She closes her optics for a few seconds and opens them up again. Looking out at the city street, she sees a dropship landing. Civilians were coming out, cheering.

Receon: Come on Spyrix, no arguing this time, you’re coming back to HQ. Clean up crew will be here shortly.

Spyrix: …Receon…Since when did you break protocol to use remote Drop Ships for combat?

Receon: Since you’re delirious from low power, I’ll excuse that odd way of saying ‘Thanks.’

Spyrix ejects from the battle machine and slowly walks, boarding the Drop Ship. The ship closes up and heads off into space. Video switches to the inside of the ship, watching as Spyrix rests in her seat.

Spyrix: Thanks.

Receon: The board is going to recycle us for this, you know that?

Spyrix: We did what Heroes are supposed to do, if they have a problem with that, they can deal with it. We saved people.

There is silence for a moment.

Receon: Oh, and it was a rover by the way, not a buggy.

Spyrix: That’s still not a mech.

Receon: Do you think they’ll try to merchandise this one too?

Spyrix: I hope not, I don’t want to be another action figure.

Receon: What will they call this one? Fire Beast? Flame Beast?..No, Blazen Beast! Yeah!

Spyrix: Receon, that’s…okay, that’s not bad. But please don’t help them.

Receon: After what you put us through? No promises.

The image on screen pauses.

Spyrix (voiceover): To the Hero Review Board, I am fully aware that my actions not only put myself in jeopardy and possibly the Recon Team, but Hero Factory as a whole. I would like the board to consider that even though I acted proactively, I officially did not take public action until civilians called Hero Factory. As such, I have not violated the Hero Factory Galactic Enforcement Agreement with Cavapālor.

The only policy or law I believe to have potentially violated is Recon Noninvolvement. Recon agents are only to act or interfere with normal Hero work, with few exceptions, in the event of a Ruby class threat level. Given what we have learned about these Beasts and the danger they posed during Invasion from Below, I had no reason to believe that the Blazen Beast was anything other than a Ruby class threat or close enough to one.

If the board disagrees with my assessment and still finds me to be in violation, I have no regrets about my actions. I helped save the lives of many Antropolis City civilians and greatly lessened the potential property. And if I ever find myself in a similar position again, I will gladly do the same. I may be with Recon, but I’m still a hero to the core and you should expect nothing less.

Video ending…

End of Document.

“Yes, she’ll certainly do. Hopefully she trusts us.”

Well, hopefully this was enjoyable to read. Please let me know what you thought, I would very much appreciate comments and criticisms.

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten around to completely finishing it but it’s really impressive so far.

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you liked it so far, hope it continues to hold that up for you to the end.

Though what about it do you find to be impressive?

2 Likes

Mostly the speed at which you release them while still making them interesting to read.

1 Like

I personally found the increasing sense of danger and mystery super intriguing; the godzilla behind the curtain was somewhat less so, but the character interactions were nicely clever, and the tension managed to stay to a good degree with the threat a of a core power-down and the awesome (and humanity-injecting) element of a ticking clock 'til the battle machine could arrive. I also liked the the meta comments about the action figures and marketing inaccuracies, and the reveal that there was a diegetic reason that this story was a combination of security footage and voice-over (with the ending leaving me curious as to what comes next).

Well-done. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
(P.S. I’m now having theories in my head about just what exactly is up with those tunnels. (Kudos for turning “Invasion from Below” into a genuinely thrilling piece of the HF universe. :+1:))

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! It is much appreciated.

1 Like

My pleasure!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like