Mistress of the Acid Falls

After finishing Krika, I decided to try my hand on a set design that I definitely wasn’t a fan of: Gorast. The mosquito-based concept was nice, but in my opinion the set design really suffered from a parts limitation and the mask was far too… blocky. So I took a few more liberties with this one. I also threw in a lot better lighting, and in the end a character I was never really a fan of came out looking not half bad. I think.

86 Likes

I like it! Other than the general shape, I see very little of set Gorast, but I still think it looks great!

2 Likes

Awesome job!

2 Likes

Wow man. This is great! Can’t wait for Bitil.

3 Likes

Oh dang.

Love the effect on the wings.

3 Likes

A very nice portrayal of the character. The background too has a great look.

2 Likes

I love how even though she’s zipping through the air, there’s still strings of what I assume is seaweed, algea, n other swamp glop stuck to her.

2 Likes

Really nice artwork.

1 Like

Really like this. Keeps the idea of the set but improves the design in every way possible.

Thanks all! :grin:

Yeah, I was never very fond of her set look. I tried to maintain what to me were the key features (six limbs, bug wings, stinger on mask) but other than that I took a lot more liberties with her than with Krika. Or maybe it’s just that she’s a lot clearer in the picture than he was. Either way, thanks!

That was definitely the most experimental part for me, since I couldn’t have them look static. Glad it worked. :relieved:

Yeah, I paid more attention to that than I did with Krika…

Working on it. It’ll be a while with finals going on this week, but here’s a preview:

12 Likes

Dat’s a good preview.

1 Like

I like how you incorporated the two different claw pieces she has, as well as her somewhat digitigrade legs.

1 Like

Gorast was always my favorite Mistika by design. This really does her justice, IMO.

1 Like

Keep it away from me!

1 Like

Incredible drawings, look forward to more :3

1 Like