Modularity

New Episodes on the Horizon…

The next episode will be about Infinity Train: Book One, featuring honorary member, @Calvatron. It’ll be released some time this week.

After that it’ll be a concept art episode about Bionicle’s predecessors & the origins of constraction, then QANDA VI!

7 Likes

All Aboard!

We discuss the first season (Book) of Infinity Train. Spoilers abound.

Hope y’all enjoy it!

The avatar characters were made by Waj, whoever that is.

7 Likes

In a time before time before time…

New concept art episode? Never thought I’d see the day…

Gathered friends, on April 3rd 2016 we released the first episode of The Modcast. Now is been 4 years and a couple days since then. So I guess this counts as a 4 year anniversary episode? Idk.

Shout out to @Political_Slime for shooting the custom b-roll footage

Important info for the next episode which will be a QANDA (Q&A):

We’ll be taking your questions via a few methods:

1. Comment on this episode with #modcastaversary4
  2. On Bird Chatter (Twitter) using #modcastaversary4
  3. PM Waj on the boards with title “Questions for QANDA VI”

You can ask as many questions as you want, however we would prefer people only ask a few. It will be another livestream and this time we will make an effort to take live questions earlier on in the show.

We don’t have a set date yet but when we do it’ll be announced here and on Bird Chatter. I imagine it’ll be some time in late April.

8 Likes

I love the eariler roots of bionicle. In many ways, they share something common with g1 transformers, they weren’t the most pose able, but they got the job done!

3 Likes

They certainly did! I like how LEGO refined the various concepts from Slizer/Throwbots and Roboriders when they got to developing Bionicle.

3 Likes

Episode 60’ll be a livestream!

##We’ll be hosting our QANDA (Q&A) VI livestream on Friday, May 1st @ 4:30 PM EST.

###If you want to ask us questions you can either:

1. PM Waj on the boards with the the title “Questions for QANDA VI”
  2. Ask them in a comment on episode 59 with the hashtag #modcastaversary4
  3. Make a chitter (tweet) on Bird Chatter (Twitter) using #modcastaversary4

So far we’ve received 8 questions. While we will be answering questions live, it’d be nice to have more. Lookin’ forward to answering 'em!

6 Likes

Please do ask this guy more questions

Half of those questions are mine already; don’t make me resort to asking him more :gregf:

3 Likes

i havent even gotten a notification ( only just had the time to check here) … cheers you tube you useless terrible site.

2 Likes

I had the suspicion that YouTube might not be notifying people. I honestly dunno if the bell icon would help with that; haven’t tried it. But hey, at least there’s the boards :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

bell is rung and set up for it. not even in my sub feed. im always scanning for stuff while working on a never ending pile of degree work. will have to hunt them when i get time ( or look on the posts with them here genius ) and get threw them.

2 Likes

We’ll be hosting a short test livestream in about 30 minutes in order to prepare for our Friday stream. So feel free to join in, feedback is much appreciated!

2 Likes

LAST CALL FOR QANDA VI QUESTIONS

##We will be live tomorrow at 4:30 PM EST for our Q&A episode.

So far we’ve gotten 13 questions submitted, but would really appreciate more.

To submit questions you can either:

1. PM Waj on the boards with the the title “Questions for QANDA VI”
  2. Ask them in a comment on episode 59 with the hashtag #modcastaversary4
  3. Make a chitter (tweet) on Bird Chatter (Twitter) using #modcastaversary4

Of course you will also be able to ask questions in the live chat, but I know everyone might not make it to the live recording, so to guarantee your question being asked just follow one of the above methods.

###Lookin’ forward to answering 'em tomorrow!

4 Likes

We’re going LIVE in 10 minutes!

3 Likes

We’ve got an official Instant Gramble account!

Managed by our very own, @Political_Slime.

Thought it was about time to make new social media accounts for Modularity. If anyone has suggestions for other sites we could be on definitely lettuce know.

8 Likes

when are we making a craigslist account waj

its the truest form of social media there is

10 Likes

that is true

and you are our resident craigslist extraordinaire so…

solid maybe on that one

6 Likes

What is a bonkle? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

(been recently playing Symphony of the Night for the first time; tis a great game with fantastic voice acting :stuck_out_tongue:)

Here’s a full playthrough of BIONICLE: The Game we did a couple months back, featuring Slime as Player 1 and Waj, Jogn, and Cal as Backseat Gamers. Enjoy!

I realize its been 3 months without a new video, so I will say that Modcasts 61, 62, and 63 have all been recorded. Its all a matter of editing 'em; my plan is to get them all done and released before September, but that could always change.

Tbh I don’t think longer videos like this will be a trend for the channel going forward. It’s really just limited to these occasional BIONICLE let’s plays we do.

8 Likes

Congratulations on beating Meso’s time on the Tahu Nuva level! Although, I beat it in only two attempts, which still surprises me to this day…

Also, you did way better then me on Takanuva’s level, since I died over 20 times (if only I didn’t forget that Takanuva had the totally canonical ability to fly…) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

All thanks to Slime’s totally legit speedrunning strats :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

810NICLE day is upon us, so naturally we made a video that’s not really about Bionicle :stuck_out_tongue:

Slime and I discuss the present and potential future of constraction as kind of a follow up to our Bionicle predecessors episode and the video we did back in 2017 on G2’s demise.

In its entirety this video took 5 days to make; from recording to the final edit. I really wanted to try and experiment with something new, so for the past three days I was trying to construct a user interface with 3D lego models. This was my first time working in 3D, so it might not look great- but hey, at least now I sorta know how to use Cinema 4D with After Effects.

12 Likes