My first MOC in 15 years / Selfmoc

So I’ve recently come out of LEGO retirement and this has been such a fun project! Hunching over on the ground isn’t as easy as it was when I was a kid though :joy:

50 Likes

super cool! love that torso

1 Like

Thank you! It was actually a last minute change that I was really happy with

The background is too distracting, but nice MOC!

1 Like

I get what you mean. I’ll try to do some with less crazy backgrounds! Thanks!

Love the use of the mata legs in the chest. Awesome job.

1 Like

I can really see that this is indeed your first moc in 15 years. Looks pretty good

1 Like

Thank you! Really they were the biggest orange pieces I had and I needed to fill out the chest with orange so I tried to make it work :joy:

@N01InParticular Thank you!

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

1 Like

Yooo this looks so cool, love to see a moc in lesser used colours (orange, teal, purple etc), love the design, just noticed it has a cape that makes it look so cool

1 Like

Thank you! I saw the orange mask and was like “yep” this is what I’m going to build around”. Eventually I want to trade out the cape for a black hooded one, but I’ll probably have to make it.

1 Like

Has a very “golden years” flavor to it, what with the multicolored technic in addition to just the parts selection. Some of that technic does feel rather exposed, on the shins especially and the shoulders to a lesser extent. Would also like to see the iron color bits spread out a bit more evently, covering the forearms and shins, or else dialed back for a deliberate colorblocking as with the Toa Nuva.

1 Like

Yeah the parts selection is probably pretty dated, but honestly, I’ve only bought 3 or 4 Bionicle/Technic/Star Wars kits in the last 10 years so this is about all I’ve got in the way of orange and iron :sob: