My Red Star zombie. The Engineer's newest upgrades

First, did you get permission to modify the mask from the creator? and second, I’m not doing this for free

4 Likes

I’ll see about send them an email. Otherwise this is more of a concept idea I was hoping you could create your own version I like your masks. Do you take PayPal?

3 Likes

Yeah, I take PayPal, and I can definitely make one from scratch

4 Likes

Okay sweet. I’ll see about sending my email.

3 Likes

You might say this moc is… bloody cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Racie02 Yes I guess you can :grin:.

2 Likes

I am still working on this one right now but it’s too cool not to show off how far it’s come. I sent to you zombie matoro.

Hope you all enjoy this montrocity.

6 Likes

Those legs and feet are really well designed! They’re nicely shaped without using pre-built parts.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on this one for awhile as it will be the biggest moc I’ve done yet and…

And all I can say is…

I’m very excited :grin:

6 Likes

How does this work, lore-wise? (On account of Matoro’s body being destroyed and unable to be revived)

4 Likes

When they die a pod or the engineer will come down on his space shuttle himself and pick them back up on the red star and reanimate them. Sometime the other zombified that he sends down will go rogue and attack anything that’s living. He’s the one responsible for creating all of the nightmares on the red star and is the most hated great being. In the story Matoro’s body wasn’t destroyed but transported by the mask of Life into a “safe place” The engineer was able to find this and came himself as he has not left the red star in thousands of years, due to the energy his body was radiating off of him.

2 Likes

Note: this moc as used a lot of the parts that I was using to build this one so this won’t be the final form. I’ve been collecting parts out of the wazoo for this one in particular. A lot of his inspirations come from fnaf springtrap those large mutated zombies with the single unlargated arm. Another is the outlast doctor that found a way to cheat death more pacifically his kilt is and yes he does have surgical equipment hanging off of it. Otherwise I really hope you all enjoy :grin:

This is my favorite part of it.

Now for the group photo of all my zombie creations together with they’re recreator.

6 Likes

@legozebra I am still working on the engineers feet, but I’m going to take some new progress on his neck here soon.

1 Like

I’ve been working on him a bit more. I reinforced the arms,legs and made neck look a bit more normal to the design. I’m more than likely will have to get newer parts for the lower legs or otherwise it stands pretty well. **Note I will be removing the silver pistons in the back with black ones when my pick a brick order arrives **

All head poses from left to right and 360°.

Up and down. Also his hand is not only a laser for soldering and other uses. It is also a laser gun

I’ll post more when I upgraded more. Otherwise I hope you all like it :grin::+1: Lore: in the beginning of the great beings first creations. they soon found the creations weren’t perfect. If a bionicle or rahi being(s) where to get injured in a way they could die. They would often throw away these “failed experiments” into either a pool of energized prodermis or more often so throw away where ever they please. One faithful day one of those great beings wounded if these now “useless” being could be fixed in a “different way” this is when the engineer had first started to experiment on the dead to see if he could get them to full brain function so they would have a place after they died. This wasn’t a natural process they had to go through and he ended up making the first zombie Bionicle being that ended up infecting the vessel that he lives in. The Great beings shortly found out after this, as he almost infected the entire planet on the first go. and exiled him to a planet size spaceship called the Red Star where he and his creations would be imprisoned there forever. and mutated it to an extent where his energy from his great being spirit was now a destroying his own body. Over thousands of years he has been looking for a way to stabilize his decaying body. As he has to resort to fall on mechanical exoskeletons to hold him up right. This still had it’s problems, as he had to gather whatever remains that were brought up onto the red star by either one of his creatures that he can mind control or most of the time they will end up eating whoever they collect and he would be left with very minimum “things” to use to repair his twisted body. One day sensors on the ship went crazy as a blast of energy from an unknown Giant nui Stone that had been transported to his dimension. He you went down on his pod and found what was “left” of shatore Toa of shadows. Shatore was not only the closest to the blast with the other Makuta, his body was encased in nui Stone shards. He felt the energy coming off of his body and knew that one of his creations had already infected his body before he got there. He recovered not only his body that day but the body of the bioformer of earth. His recreated cyborg of botar that still has Les brain cells then what he had hoped for. Botar is the one who delivered what was left of the bioformer Toa of earth body to the engineer. The Toa head/mask ended up becoming the engineers as there was enough of him to put in his own upper section. That and he liked the mask he had. Now examining shatore body think The cause of his death was the blast but on blades fragment of the Toa of lights javelin was what killed him. He took some of shatore’s nui crystals and applied it to himself long side taking some of his shadow energy as he knew the newest ones that were in his body still would replenish it. He started to mess with his brains and all of a sudden shatore came about asking where the in all of karzahni he was. The engineer couldn’t believe as he had no side effects do to the virus that had reanimate him usually makes them always hostile and mindless. He calls shatore his first true success in the thousands of years that he had been trying to prove all of the other that it was possible.

3 Likes

I just upgraded the knee joints and the hips / Lower torso so he now has a great motion of posability and now All it needs is more avatar hair cable parts to feeling certain areas some more. Otherwise it’s getting close to done.

So you can see what it looks like with the outer head up.

Hope you all like it :grin::+1:

5 Likes

This doesn’t even feel like Bionicle anymore. might be too big for it’s own good. feet feel over sized and head feels forced. sorry for the hot take, but it just looks like a mess

2 Likes

I concur. This is ridiculous. I understood your building style was very pointy and made all the characters look very big, but this is absurd. I can’t even tell where the neck starts and head ends. The hands are bulky, and don’t look like they can hold up on their own. Remember: Bigger isn’t better, Thats why I scrapped my self moc when it became too big. Possibly consider rebuilding this into a quadruped moc, where it can hold up its bulk, but until then, its a giant mess with a dead space name.

2 Likes

That’s the point. The head isn’t force at all I built it on a technic system where it could pull up on the axles and made it, so it wouldn’t pull apart or break anything. It’s size dose mess with it at all. And the feet, yeah that’s not going to be permanent. @MakutaOisli The name isn’t from dead space at all. This one is inspired by different zombies from other franchises, There’s a difference between looking like a mess and being a functional one. Yes it can pose and stand without holding it any more. The newest picture of his stance is both of his knees bent and his hips are displayed out. I’ll take more pictures so you all can tell better.

3 Likes

alright, buckle up because this is going to be a long one. flag me if you feel it is unfounded

bigger is indeed not better. I had a element lord of ice build and it ended up looking similer to this. I was trying to build big, and it didn’t work out. I also realized I was trying to build big for the sake of it. so I scrapped the whole thing and kept the head and a little of the torso. same thing with my self moc. (it looked a little like your female builds, and that’s not a good thing. ) I rebuilt it completely, even cutting two parts to lose a bit off some height.

(literally the biggest problem with it)

@Droconis is sort of right. the name isn’t from dead space, but the moc itself is dead space.
I understand you like big, complex builds, but there is beauty in simplicity. don’t go big for the sake of it. I remember when I showed off one of my Mocs, you instantly posted pictures of your self Mocs and tried to give me advice. not cool. just because you spend loads on bionicle doesn’t make you any better than anyone else

1 Like

And that’s not all. Athena has been here for quite a while, and has made multiple contributions. It is simply not your place to put your stuff all over everyone elses.

He doesn’t even seem to be able to hold his arms above his head.
The sheer weight and greebling seems to be obscene and obsolete.
The legs don’t even look like you can even pose them, like solid bricks.
And. Make no mistake. I have said this before, and let it be known forever: The forearms are too short. They are shorter than the feet.

2 Likes