My Take on Skull Scorpio

after seeing this it feels like lego is not even trying to make good looking sets… :frowning:

1 Like

DDUUUDE that is the most glorious bionkle since brutarka

This is a really nice revamp of Scorpio.

I mean, it’s definitely a good revamp and makes Scorpio pretty cool, but I wouldn’t go that far.

Such an easy solution to the leg poseability issue, not sure why Lego didn’t think of it.

Must admit prefer the first tail design given it allows for articulation - wish there was a way you could combine the articulation with the tail function and striking action…

My guess:

1. it uses pieces that have been out of production for ages (metru legs, titan joints)
  2. the tail attachment is probably an illegal technique.

That said, it really wouldn’t be that complex to design a custom torso with articulation, so why didn’t they? I’m guessing it’s because it adds nothing to the playability of the set. I mean, they make these things primarily to sell to younger kids, who, if my little siblings are anything to go by, are more likely to go giddy over the function and trying to pry Toa masks off with it than meticulously posing the sets to look picture perfect on their desk. By that standard, Skull Scorpio isn’t terrible, although it still doesn’t make it a good looking design.

2 Likes

Most likely, its just that i expected there to be some leg articulation - no leg articulation is just odd for a Bionicle set. Feel it restricts things for kids also as they cant move anything other than the pincers/arms, head and tail.

1 Like

I said brutarka not brutaka

That is quite a nice revamp! I like the articulated legs very much! Nice job!