NaNoWriMo Anyone?

So, coming up in three (Or two, however you view it) days is the glorious NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The goal of this is to write 50,000 words, in one month. And you thought your 300 word essay was skull-smashingly terrible, try writing a book in a month. That month is the month of November and you’d better get ready, it’s one heck of a ride.

Anyway, I know it sounds kinda horrible, but really it’s a very cool thing to do, especially when you have people shoving you in the back saying, “Is it done yet? is it done yet? When’s it gonna be done?” I’ve done this for two years, and have reached 50,000 words each time. Now I hope that maybe some of you will come along and do the crazy things we NaNoWriMers do, like stay up till 3:00, drink lots of coffee and soda, have crazy, random ideas and being totally, creatively dead for three months afterwards.

I have experienced these symptoms and lived, meaning you all can too! It’s free, there’s nothing required of you except things to write with. (Although a computer is recommended for various reasons.) Literally all you have to do is write any story, and make it to 50,000 words. It can be complete trash for all anyone cares, I know mine are, and you can edit any time afterwards. I’m gonna be participating for my third year in a row, and hopefully winning too.

So, let’s band together authors, and celebrate writing and coffee!

Psst All the cool kids are doing it…

5 Likes

hm… 50,000 words in a month… hmmmmmmmm…
let’s see, that means giving up bingewatching, constant apple eating, and serious dedication to one thing… hm…
average WpD is about 200 or so… hmmmm…
why not?
sounds like fun

2 Likes

50,000 WORDS!?
This sounds like the spawn of Karzahni.
I can barely write a paragraph without wanting to claw my eyes out.

And this sounds like the shortened title to an anime for some reason.

3 Likes

50,000 words per month?

Ask me sometime when I’m not a terrible procrastinator and not having to write three major essays.

3 Likes

You’re not the only one with many essays to write too :stuck_out_tongue:

And it’s not per month, fortunately. It’s just November. You should still try it though!

1 Like

Hey, I figured I’d Necropost the heck out of this.
I am doing Nanowrimo right now! Got 2024 words under my belt already!
And I’m wondering, anyone else having a go this fine year of 2016?

1 Like

I’m considering on participating in this. I just gotta come up with a brilliant idea.

2 Likes

I’m participating. We’ll see how much motivation that actually gives me.

3 Likes

My Writing Club is actually doing NaNoWriMo. It should be interesting to see how it goes. The word goal is very large, but I’ll try my best.