Need some help with paint. This time with brown

I’m trying to figure out what citadel paints would match perfectly to mata Red, light Grey and dark grey, Pearl silver, and I think it’s Royal light blue the Avatar horses cables use?

I’m working on some new moc’s that I think you are all going to like. I know I can’t wait :grin: :+1:

4 Likes

I would say:
A. If you can, use airbrush paints
B. Dont waste citadel paints. They’re can burn hole straight through your pockets.
C. If you want a brighter color, i’d choose lothern blue. Darker, id choose macragge blue.

2 Likes

Just going off by memory,

Mephiston Red for Red, Administratum Grey for light grey, mechanicus standard grey for dark grey.

For silver, stormhost silver is the brightest silver in GW range, but I believe it is a little too light.

2 Likes

I do. @MakutaOisli I don’t waste any of my paints so, please don’t be rude about my old painting skills.

1 Like

2 thin coats

2 Likes

@iylv thank you. Shatore’s New mask now has only two coats of paint one for the primary black as a shine then I painted and I left empty spots for the dark red details unlike the last one.

1 Like

Are you looking for the old shades or new shades? To use the BrickLink names, are you looking for Light Gray and Dark Gray, or Light Bluish Gray and Dark Bluish Gray?

Yeah, you want Light Royal Blue; the BrickLink name is Bright Light Blue.

2 Likes

The older ones. I have a enormous load of dark and light grey with mata red bionicle parts that take up half of one bin. I plan on making several moc’s out of it.

1 Like

@iylv I thought you might know the colors I need?
I need to know the best match of Lego yellow, Lewa Green, orange, close to accurate white sand tan and reddish brown. In citadel paints.

2 Likes

I need to know before buying. which one of these three paints are close to accurate light tan brown, reddish brown and Toa onewu’s mertu brown. I’m making a tree like being and I need to know which one of these are the right ones.

Please.

2 Likes