Neku, Toa of Water (Update!)

Well, I thought I made enough updates to create a new topic.

I think she looks a lot better now.

I completely removed light blue, swapped out almost every red pin for black, made the upper arms less gappy, and fixed some other color scheme issues. I have also now added a system to store her weapons through some minor part-swapping.

I’d like to know what you all think of the updates!

24 Likes

the only problem is the dark blue on the hands but everything else is great!

1 Like

Looks fantastic! I don’t see any problems with it, great job! :smile:

1 Like

I wish this was part of my g1 Toa team MOC project :worried:, well, a guy can dream

1 Like

She has her own team that I have yet to complete, I still need to make a few more MOCs.

There is a dark blue piece on the back as well, not sure if you noticed that.

1 Like

@JoeScibelli oh ok i didn’t see that
so that means this moc is amazing!
nice job

1 Like

Oh, I may as well mention I made a few other small adjustments, like how someone recommended filling the holes on the Unity pieces.

A legit moc.

1 Like

Sweet, I love the swords. The propellors on the back of the legs make absolutely no sense, the figure would have to be standing vertically in water to be able to move.

1 Like

Think “propelled kicks.”

And they do limit knee articulation, but they are easy to remove and I usually don’t put my MOCs in dynamic poses.

1 Like

Which still makes no sense given their placement.

I think the waist is just a touch thin, and I really hate the thighs, shells would look far better.

1 Like

It’s not as effective as on her feet, but it would still be possible.

Given the build, I have no clue how to fix that, and I think it looks fine. I can’t seen how it’s so thin it would be distracting. Also, it’s almost as thick as the thinnest point of Pohatu 2015’s waist.

I think shells would look too small and not properly cover the bone.

Also, I have like no properly colored large shells left XD

She needs some metru blue in her legs, but this is a nice update.

2 Likes

feet are a bit big and the shoulders are kinda wide, other than that, it’s pretty good

1 Like

Other than the dark blue, this is a great MOC in almost all ways.
Best Nuvaboobs I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

1 word:

Stability.

Smaller feet couldn’t support the weight as easily.

1 Like

Great looking MoC! I think this is definitely an improvement over the original, it looks a lot better without any red axles and light blue. I must ask, though, why did you use Y joints instead of actual hand pieces? Like the ones that came with Surge 2.0?

1 Like

Because I don’t own them in Mata blue.

If I used silver, there wouldn’t be enough blue.

1 Like

Ahhh, not having the right parts is fun, right?!

No it’s not. Knowing that, the Y joints are fine, and I’m glad you didn’t use silver hands.

1 Like

There’s also something nostalgic about the old hand piece. Not sure why.

2 Likes