Neku, Toa of Water (Update!)

EMBRACE THE HAND PIECE!!!
/S
But seriously, the old “hands” have no nostalgia value for me, I just think they look gross somehow…

3 Likes

Use a mata foot and stick either a bohrok eye or http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=32291#T=P on the back or some other liftarm piece.

I like the new hand piece more, but I feel a little nostalgia to builds that use the old ones.

Not enough to warrant not even considering the new hand, though.

2 Likes

True, but with the new hand piece the figure can’t do anything other than have a fist, with the old style you can leave that up to imagination.

1 Like

I tried Mata feet. They were too small.

I honestly thought it looked terrible.

I also like the swimming paddle look these feet give.

1 Like

They do now that I think about it, maybe people think it looks too big cause the legs thin downwards.

1 Like

I only use the old hands if the weapon requires it.

1 Like

If you need those rahkshi clown shoes for stability, I don’t even know what’s wrong with your moc, my nyri is a bit larger(or rather, about the same size, but slightly heavier) and uses metru feet no problem.

I don’t think they really look bad personally, but you shouldn’t have need of that much stability on a moc this size.

1 Like
  1. This thing is a bit heavier than it looks.

2. The metru feet don’t exist in Mata blue. Without the Mata blue on the feet, the color scheme would be thrown out of wack

1 Like

I like it, but the knee pads are bumpy, making them look more cluttered than they actually are.

1 Like

I have the same thoughts as before, but everything does seem to be filled out better. The black on the back of the legs seems a little out of place though, and I don’t think there is enough EARTH blue to justify it in the lower arms. Other than that, happy Earth Day and good job!

1 Like

Woooooooooow

1 Like

She looks solid, mentioning the nuva bewbs would be beating a dead horse, but other than that…she is really fancy Toa of Water.

I’d like to know why you think they detract. I’ll look for fixes if there’s a good enough reason but I try not to use parts I don’t think fit right with the MOC.

I think they are way too much extended forward, setting them deeper in the torso or replacing them would work.

1 Like

I don’t think I would replace them entirely, since they have appropriate shaping for the rest of the MOC. I don’t know how to make them further recessed into the body, but I’ll see if it’s possible :smile:

1 Like

The shoulders are far too wide - look how much space there is between the arms and sides of the body!
Apart from that, a really nice looking toa.

1 Like

From the front, it looks fine. From the sides and back, yeah it’s an issue. I’ll see what I can do to fill out that space :smile:

What? From what I can tell they’re almost completely flat to the chest.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. They only stick out maybe 4 millimeters.