Netflix Original - Stranger Things

Anyone watched Season 2?

1 Like

I haven’t even finshed watching the first episode yet.

1 Like

Just finished season one a few days ago, after starting it a few days before that. I’m hooked.

1 Like

so uh, I have this theory

“Stranger Things” is connected to “The Mist”

[spoiler]Stranger things’ ndsᴉpǝ poʍu:
Everything is covered in webs
The monsters have killed the humans
The world seems to be covered in some kind of mist
Monster are weak to fire

The mist:
Everyplace that the spiders get to are covered in webs
The monsters kill humans on sight (except for that religious woman)
A mist covers the town, bringing the monsters with it
Monster are weak to fire
[/spoiler]

I haven’t seen it, and as I don’t have Netflix I don’t know when I would, but I’m familiar with the story.

Problem is I’m an author, and I share my WIP books at a writing group. Before Stranger Things came out I shared the early stages of a book about cloning. In them the main character is named Seven, and has blond hair, and was created in a lab. As soon as Stranger Things came out people all thought it was a fan fiction. I see the characters are similar, but not the same. But hey, maybe the two lab girls can meet up and start 7/11.

@Asriel I would support this theory, are you aware of the Steven King connected universe theory?

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

Season 2 was fantastic, but the one episode with 11’s sister bugged me quite a bit. it was too out of place.

2 Likes

That episode was a bit weird. I didn’t think it was nearly as bad as some people made it out to be. But it feels very awkward compared to everything else. Someone else put it well saying that it felt less like Steven Spielberg and more like Joel Schumacher.

1 Like

I feel that it would have worked much better if episode 7 was episode 6.

Yeah, I thought that they were going to go on a hunt to chase down all the other people like 11, or at least bring 8 back to defeat the new monster. I was pretty surprised when they didn’t.

I personally think episode seven’s plot should have been spaced out among the other episodes, rather than be it’s own. The way it interrupted the others felt slightly jarring, but it provided good character developement.

1 Like

I love this show! Even though two out of my three favorite characters died

Just started watching it

I’m over halfway through season 3 so far, loving it. I forgot how much this show rips my heartstrings apart.

Just watched the first three episodes of season 1. I’m hooked.

2 Likes

Been a while since I watched this show. What’s the general consensus with Season 3? I’ve heard mixed stuff.

I think season 3 was pretty good overall. It’s got a few problems, but not a lot of them. I think having Russians as the villains was pretty fun.

1 Like

So I wrapped up Season 3 just last night. I’ll make this clear before hand. I really wanted to love this season. However I felt the execution was a huge misfire.

The tone is all over the place and I feel like it goes for a cheesier feeling, which might of been alright if this was a different show. However we’ve already had 2 seasons, so that doesn’t work here at all.

There’s also a fake out death at the end of the season that made me pretty mad.

Overall I’m pretty disappointed and I won’t be watching season 4.

1 Like