NEVER AGAIN (digital drawing of a MOC)

I decided to draw one of my g2 characters- Drathi. First time I’ve drawn a Bionicle in quite a while(and first time on the drawing pad period), so it was an interesting challenge. Decided I’d try and more or less shoot for the 2015 animation look.

http://i.imgur.com/HQgBqJ7.jpg

Turned out pretty well, though in retrospect I probably should’ve done the character sketch in anticipation of the lighting. I didn’t intend to do a proper background for it to start with so I really had no idea what the lighting context would be.

43 Likes

Aside from the horns, this looks great! The name is kind of amusing, though.

1 Like

TBH it might not be inaccurate. This thing took me like five hours to do.

To be fair they are true to the source material…

5 Likes

Fair enough. XD

Oh jeez

1 Like

Looks really good! When I compared it to the photo of the MOC:[quote=“Garnira, post:3, topic:30643”]
To be fair they are true to the source material…

IMG_1391.JPG3000x4000 1.2 MB
[/quote]

I was blown away! I really like it!

2 Likes

Haha, I wish I could draw…
######cries

1 Like

Me too, buddy.

Funny thing is that while I’m happy with what I have here, it’s really nothing compared to some of the amazing stuff out there. I’m just kind of unexceptional, which is about as bad a place as an artist can be. It’s enough to keep me trying, but not enough to earn me recognition. Absolute pit of mediocrity, really.

Though I suppose hard work and dedication could help me(and you) get better, so perhaps I have a niche waiting for me yet. Only time can tell.

That, and “poor me” is an absolutely toxic mentality, despite my tendencies to fall into it. I recommend that you avoid it if at all possible.

1 Like

That’s pretty good, I like the style.

2 Likes

Some of the angles are a bit off, but I love this art style. Really good job Garn. :thumbsup:

1 Like