New Bionicle Rituals?

Nah, don’t you love snorting the little packets? :laughing:

Ehh… the canisters had like this stronger plastic smell that would make you kinda dizzy after smelling them.

4 Likes

I set them on fire and offer them as gifts to the Great Beings.

But no, I tend to just build them, and then they go right on my display shelf.

I don’t understand you guys, who inhale CCBS. Didn’t you learn to stay away from drugs? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah, those cans sure were great. I miss them. :sob:

1 Like

This is why whenever I buy a bonkle to add to my collection, I get it new.

2 Likes

Every time I make a purchase of a new sealed Bionicle set, I sacrifice a virgin to the great god Imhotep. Then I breathe the air from the sealed bags, before dumping out the pieces onto an ancient table, and putting the instructions onto a great pedestal, to begin the process of building. While I build, I begin the process of summoning the great Terridax, by speaking ancient Matoran under my breath. Anybody that interrupts me will swiftly meet death.

After completion, I play a good game of cards against humanity with Terridax and Imhotep.

10 Likes

I ALWAYS put the mask on last, I guess because that is what the toa put on last when they first built themselves.

5 Likes

I avoid touching the mask until the very end when I put it on the set.

6 Likes

oh yeah I do this too

1 Like

I personally take it out of the packaging, build it up, and then do my own personal review of the set on a notepad. I then put the set in the coolest pose I could put it in and then leave it alone for about an hour. After that time passes, I put the set on a shelf with the other sets from that year. I’ve done it with Hero Factory(starting 3.0), and have done it with every other CCBS set I’ve received.

2 Likes

Y’all are weird.

Except @Pot8o

His thing makes the most sense

2 Likes

I put the weapons and the mask on last

1 Like

Quite indeed sir.

1. For larger sets (usually not Bonkles), color-sort the parts.
  2. Worship purple or transparent-purple pieces for 5 minutes.
  3. Examine new, rare, or exclusive parts included in set.
  4. Keep the lore in mind when building the set (example: Tahu’s builds himself after washing up on Mata Nui, Skull Basher being reanimated… :stuck_out_tongue:)
  5. Put the mask on last.
  6. After the set’s finished, stare at it intensely until I find something to fix or improve.
8 Likes

I think we all do

7 Likes

Now, now. @Pot8o doesn’t even build the set. What kind of Biontologist doesn’t the build the set first?

I do build sets
See sets
You gotta use your mind

first you have to open it up, eat each paper of the instruction manual, then you should have it in your mind, now stare at the bundle of parts for three hours and then use the force to lift them up and then put it together

Its really easy.

5 Likes

So your one of those extreme Biontologist… Oh.

I always attempt to build whatever it is without instructions first then after I fail miserably I’ll use the instructions.

4 Likes

Not much of a ritual, but more of a childhood obsession.

I remember back in 2006. The first Bonkle set I got was this;

I fell in love with it. I loved that pure cream white colour.

Not long after, I got Thok. I loved the greyish white against the blue.

Then, I got the real Matoro set. The cream white against trans blue looked even cooler.

Noticing a pattern? Yes, I fell in love with white Bonkles. No other colored bonkle could ever compare to white. It was such an…unorthodox colour to use at the time for robots, who usually had colours with flare like red, green, orange, etc.

White bonkles looked so special, to me.

After I bought Matoro, my hunger for white bonkles was still unsatisfied. I needed more white. I searched the isles for white bonkles, but there were only Matoro and Thok.

In a desperate impulse, I tried looking for any set that had any sign of white in their colour scheme. Hahli Inika, had white. So I bought her. I thought that Nuparu Inika’s light grey was white, so I bought him too.

When 2007 came along, I still longed for white.

Morak looked like he had white in the eyes of an obsessed child, so I bought him.

When I realized he didn’t have white, I was very disappointed. So I grabbed some white paint and started painting the pieces.

Soon afterwards, I grew out of my white obsession and started collecting other sets that had interesting and unorthodox colour schemes, like Carapar.

Nowadays, I like most, if not all colours of Bonkle equally.
In fact, I kinda grew sick of white now. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes