New Horizon's journey to Pluto

Besides Comic Con announcements, of course. :smiley:

5 Likes

those are always good, but man, I’ve been hyped for this for 9 years

I believe we will be getting photos of Pluto’s other 4 moons as well

3 Likes

That’ll be nice to finally see. Pluto and Charon… As well as it’s other moons. This will be quite exiting.

Question is, how fast are Pluto’s moons rotating? One may crash into New Horizons if they’re really fast.

1 Like

Here the most recent photo of Pluto and Charon taken on July 8th 2015

BTW years prior to actually getting proper photos of Pluto and Charon I though they would look like how they do in the newest photo, roughly.

7 Likes

So these are the more clearer ones, correct?

My my, they look beautiful. The camera must be looking at Pluto from an odd angle, because we see shadow underneath or something.

Unless that part of Pluto is darker or something.

UPDATE: New Horizons will be making a 45-minute fly-by from Pluto, taking multiple pictures. We can see the trajectory of New Horizons here:

2 Likes

so I guess we won’t get very good pictures of hydra (maybe we will IDK)

1 Like

As for the pictures part, no I don’t think we’ll be able to see them. At least we get to see Pluto and Charon, though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

guys tomorrow, get hype

3 Likes

YAY!

2 Likes

Pluto

looks

awesome

Indeed it does.

Although when I was younger I thought it would be purple. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

for some reason, I don’t know why, i thought it would be pink at one point

though for most of my life I’ve thought it would be grey, it’s surprising to see it as tan

What, no one has noticed this?

11 Likes

Holy cow… You’re right…

3 Likes

pluto is pluto confirmed

4 Likes

first Mickey’s sillouete on a planet, now Pluto? HOW FAR WILL DISNEY GO TO ADVERTISE THEMSELVES?!

5 Likes

words cannot describe how happy I am now that we actually see what my favorite planet in the solar system looks like

2 Likes

We also have information that Pluto’s largest moon; Charon, may be geologically active! Watch the New Horizon’s live-stream on Friday where NASA will give us more info on the data New Horizons has collected! NASA TV Live - NASA
I guess it would be off topic to talk about Pluto itself here, so I’ll probably be making a planet’s topic soon. America’s favorite KBO is now in the spotlight once again.

1 Like

Pretty interesting article…

Oh, and here’s Hydra why we’re at it.

6 Likes

Gasp

Water on another planet?

Next thing you know, well find life!

“We did it.” Three words that might go down in history.

1 Like