Ninjago: TLDR Discussion Topic

You’re too impatient.

3 Likes

At long, long last, Lord Varderan has delivered us from this video famine and granted us [Episode 7: “The Royal Blacksmiths”] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-ikeQbKTM&list=PLN4VXjm-Lg4Kvo3MgtV27XjrbmoFAQzdx&index=9)!

3 Likes

So Episode 8 is up, and it’s gone.

edit:
And it’s back:

3 Likes

Its a Metal Gear reference

I am REALLY excited for when Var does the Season 2 TL;DRs. Heck, my favorite Ninjago episodes, along with several of my favorite lines, are in Season 2, and the origins of some funny Ninjago memes are in there too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, some of you might hate me for this, but the filler episodes, 15-18 (Some people in the fandom actually consider 17 & 18 filler, TannerFishies actually talks about episode 17 in his worst episodes video), are actually some of my favorites. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, sure they are filler, and don’t have as much quality to them as the episode that give actually plot, they DO give us some AMAZING moments, lines, characters, and memes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, episode 15: Pirates vs Ninja, gave some nice call backs, including the best line of the pilots, “You’re not even ready to face my pinkie toe.”:stuck_out_tongue: It introduced us to one of the BEST Side characters in Ninjago, Dareth! XD Dang it, Dareth! XD and gave us the origin of the Destiny’s Bounty.

Episode 16: Double Trouble, gave us one of the BEST lines in the show, and my favorite line over all. “Can you create a giant ham sandwich?” XD Along with a meme, “Over the side!” Also, that Bizzaro Jay kissing Nya moment, and then Jay getting angry about it later, priceless! XD And we also got the joke of Cole’s obsession with cake. :stuck_out_tongue: I also got some catch phrases to use. “Oh, that is just so evil.”

Episode 17: Ninjaball Run, we got a few good memes, a map of Ninjago, one of Garmadon’s best excuses, “It’s not even street legal!”, The Ultra Sonic Raider’s Flying function on the set, and my favorite moment:
Garmadon: We’re not fast enough! We should be pulling away!
Mezmo: But we’re up to maximum speed!
Garmadon: Then get rid of the excess weight!
Mezmo: What excess weight?
The serpentine get kicked off the Bounty
Me: THAT excess weight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Episode 18: Lloyd gets older, we get to see the ABSOLUTELY, ADORABLE KID NINJA! They are just so cute! :stuck_out_tongue: We get a sort of Dinosaur. I actually got chills down my spine when I heard about that Grundle. O_O Also, the ending… man, that gives me so much hype. :stuck_out_tongue: Heck, that quote from Sensei Wu, I’m using that as my Senior quote for my High School’s Yearbook this year. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, episode 18, I felt that I could relate to the Ninja in that episode, being a 13 year-old at the time that I originally watched it. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, my favorite line, “It makes me feel young, deal with it.” :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just REALLY hoping that Var doesn’t leave out those amazing moments in those episodes. :stuck_out_tongue: Cause they were the BEST parts of those episodes! XD And it would be SO AWESOME if Var does include them in the video

“Let’s go ahead and skip over the best parts of the filler episodes!”
"OVER THE SIDE!" XD

2 Likes

Holy emojis, Batman.

3 Likes

O_O I didn’t expect anyone to reply so soon

actually it is supposed to be a Mortal Kombat joke
since they do look pretty similar

the only thing Jack Raiden and Sensei Wu has is white hair
and besides one is a cybernetic enhanced ninja
whilst the other is a wise sensei who help trains ninja.
also in the first episode Var did say
“when Raiden appears to ask Manime to fight by his side in the Mortal Kombat”

I find it fun to watch this series since I watched Ninjago a bit throughout my childhood
and it has given us some good reaction images
like Shrug Var.
why is it a good reaction image?

2 Likes

Aged Lloyd and time-travel were honestly convoluted crap-piles, and Ninjaball Run is top three on IMDB’s ratings, but yeah filler wasn’t bad. That said, remember the pirate “leak” with Finn the purple ninja?

Are we gonna get Chima TLDR… And Nexo Knights TLDR!!! :wink:

@Whaddon I did totally forget about Mortal Kombat raiden… How’d I do that? I must be stoopid

Edited for Double Post - Waj

I’m gonna assume y’all have already seen it, but for completion’s sake, here’s the link to the penultimate of episode of Var’s Season One tour:
Episode 9: “All of Nothing” and “The Rise of the Great Devourer”
---------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

__[quote=“NinjaBoyJoel, post:30, topic:33028”]
Are we gonna get Chima TLDR… And Nexo Knights TLDR!!!
[/quote]
I just hope we get NEXO KNIGHTS coverages. They’re more than twenty episodes behind. :grimacing:

Oh so you mean the vast majority of the series.

2 Likes

To be fair, each episode is basically the same. it’d probably take 5 minutes to recap and 45 in discussion.

(It’s not like TTV’s missing out tho)

I think that NEXO KNIGHTS 2017 is pretty good, but we’re here to discuss NINJAGO TLDR.
Speaking of that glorious show, bite your tail no longer, for the mad Varzhani has finally released his Season 1 Finale review: Episode 10: “Day of the Great Devourer”

Why were the TLDR video removed intentionally, is it to avoid another copyright strike or the series ended?
All except What is Ninjago remain on the list.

2 Likes

rip TLDR 2017-2017.

2 Likes

Dang copyright. Nah the series wouldn’t end like that, this is clearly the work of YouTube bot chicanery.

2 Likes

They were removed to avoid another copyright strike, as we hit three of them, and our channel was in danger of being shut down.

Until we can work out something with LEGO regarding TL;DR, the series has been put on indefinite haitus. It’s unfortunately not worth killing our channel for.

6 Likes

Would slideshows images of the episodes fix the issue over the copwrong dilema?

Have you consider other alternative sites to upload the videos on?

Slideshows would definitely fix the issue, as we’ve had numerous Ninjago episode reviews and “coverages” in the past using slideshows that have not gotten taken down due to copyright. However, because a lot of the comedy in TLDR often comes from video clips, audio bytes, and things of that nature, I feel that a slideshow format would take away too much of what makes that series unique. Var might disgaree on that when push comes to shove, but that’s my take.

As far as other sites… yeah, I mean Var did use vid.me to upload one to as a backup and there are always ways we could do that if push comes to shove, but honestly TL;DR was going to be a great series to help expand our reach to the Ninjago YouTube community and help grow our channel; jumping through hoops and creating roundabout ways to view the videos will only diminish viewership and make it harder to grow an audience, and for a show with such intense editing procedures, it likely wouldn’t be worth it in the long run.

In the end, though, Var may yet figure out some creative way to bring it back. He loved doing it and people loved watching it, so it’s definitely on our minds.

-Mesonak

7 Likes