NOTaHFfan’s old-ish Bionicle art

After a few months of not being active on this site at all I’m finally back!

I guess it’s time to post some bionicle art that I’ve worked on during my absence… oh wait, I don’t have any… well, since I don’t draw anything bionicle-related anymore and my anime art that I have completely switched to will not get any attention here (although, if people are interested, I might just as well create a separate topic for it wink wink), let me share some of my slightly older bionicle artworks from 2020-2021 that I never posted here because I thought they were not worth sharing and/or unfinished

• Let’s start with an unfinished Dark Hunter Sentrakh drawing from the summer of 2021

It was supposed to be a part of my older series of drawings where I redrew Bionicle G1 characters that people requested me.

Sentrakh here in particular was requested by the almighty Gweeb way back then:

I never got around to finishing this piece because I got burned out along the way. It took me a stupidly long time to get to that point, so I just couldn’t look at it anymore without getting overwhelmed. So yeah, I made this drawing so complex that I couldn’t handle it at the time. Since then I’ve succeeded at making much more complex drawings, so it was a great learning experience, I guess.

• Next up is a finished drawing of someone’s self-MOC from the winter of 2021

This was done as a request, but I genuinely forgot who requested it… sorry dude…
I doubt that they have an account here, so most likely we will never find out

Well, I’m out of drawings that are more or less done, so let’s move on to sketches and abandoned WIPs.

• random bionicle dude OC guy thing sketch

The title says it all. I came up with this quick fun Toa character design and drew it. I would later base a MOC of off this drawing:

MOC

• random bionicle dude OC guy thing sketch two: electric boogaloo

Same as the last one, but no MOC. This is was supposed to be a “Toa of smoke”, a malfunctioned Toa of fire of some sort. In the MOC form his armour was supposed to be very light bluish grey (an extremely rare Lego colour from the Piraka Thok set), but I couldn’t get my hands on any pieces of said colour

• an unfinished drawing of Dark Hunter Eliminator

Is that what the DH that kills other DHs is called, right?

I barely started this one and immediately abandoned it lol

• my drawing of my old Bionicle OC that was never finished

I really like the pose though… maybe I will reuse this base for something else

This is the MOC that this was supposed to be a reimagining of

• aaand then there’s this

A drawing of one of my old cringy edgelord OCs from 2020.

And that pretty much wraps this up. What do you all think of these? Roast ‘em as much as you desire

I have some even older non-digital Bionicle drawings dating back to 2018… might post them as well in a couple of days

31 Likes

but

finish it tho

blue pins

man, weird thing to revitali-

old?

6 Likes

No. Just no.

The drewing is from 2020. The OC is much older

5 Likes

You, sir, are one of the best Bonkle artists i have ever seen.

me on my way to tell my mom i threw up at 3am

12 Likes

All of this is amazing! Especially Sentrakh

3 Likes

Ooh these all look really cool! Even on the unfinished ones your skill is evident, very nicely done. I really like them, the detail is awesome

2 Likes

These looks super sick!

3 Likes

this is delicious stuff

7 Likes

Absolutely sick!

2 Likes

amazing work! love the more sketchy style of the latter drawings

3 Likes

This is incredible. This is probably one of the best depictions of “biomechanical” I’ve ever seen.

The stylization of the character is also pretty cool; the beak is a nice touch.

5 Likes

hot god
these are freaking slick

2 Likes

Oh wew, I didn’t expect to get such a positive response on this one…
Part two is coming soon, I guess!

Forgot to address this in my original reply… yeah, the blue pins were ugly, so I killed this MOC. It do be dead now

I guess that just means you haven’t seen that many /s

Thank you! It really means a lot to me

Not relatable. This is actually me when Ghid posts a new chapter

@KanohiReqi @Rhyla416 @Chronicler @Eilrach @Rukah @TheMOCingbird @Pakari thank you all very much!

Thank you! I’m definitely glad that I decided to change my usual approach to drawing Bionicle characters in this one. The distinction between organic and mechanical parts is a lot clearer than usual. Really happy with what I ended up with

9 Likes

That sentrahk is horrifying and I look forward to losing sleep because of it.

5 Likes

Sentrakh looks like a transformer

2 Likes