Nyran's MOC Updates

What @DarkTakanuva said. But that HF shield for a chest does not look right.

What am I missing? I have heard this at least three times prior, and I think it looks fine…

I mean, anything else just looks weird and sticks out too much to me. I chose it because of its flatness.

;_;

3 Likes

Looks fine to me. Don’t understand other people’s problem with it.

3 Likes

Same here; it seems fine to me.

I think it’s because the overall look of the Moc insinuates a bestial, rugged, and spiky armored monster.

The CCBS shells are fine since they have their own sharpened shapes and edges to an extent, but the chest armor is flat and rounded and does little to compliment the overall beast look of the Moc.

Plus, it makes him look a bit “constrained” or compact compared to his large muscully arms and legs. Like he has no upper body or shoulder muscle. Maybe it’s just me…

3 Likes

Fair enough.

However, there’s this whole thing I got going on with theming.

The black portions are designed to be more savage and bestial looking, while the predominantly grey and silver portions are meant to be more streamlined or mechanical looking.

Orikad’s whole deal in-universe is that he was reverse engineered from not one but two different machines.

You may also notice that the HF shield, and the Piraka foot both have that similar v shaping going on.

And then if you look at Knightpriest, he too has the pistons that form that v shape.

Also this thing was one of my older inspirations. Among other things.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh…I see what you did there.
Reminds of one of my own Mocs in which I made an X shape.

COUGHIupdatedmyMocTopicwithnewMocsplscheckitouti’mnotdesperateaMahiisgoingtodieCOUGH

I guess it works since

But that consequently makes his chest look constrained as I have said, but hey. It’s your Moc, not mine.

1 Like

Similar shapes.

Kind of like this guy.

Similar shape with the greek letter psi.

Not made by me; made by Rahiden on deviantArt.

Ignore this MoC; the focus is on Nyran’s awesomeness.

3 Likes

The different colors literally come apart at axles.

6 Likes

Too late…focus intensifies

2 Likes