Obliti Nui MOCs

Hello there! This is the topic in which all of my MOCs pertaining to the island of Obliti Nui will go (P.S. I made up the island). I will, eventually post the backstories of the characters and story of the island later on. (For those of you who want a clue, “forgotten” in English translates to “obliti” in Latin).

Toa Nui
First is Toa Nagreth, Toa of Fire!

Ok, I will be short and to the point here. Besides the standard points of articulation, he also has waist articulation. He wears the Kanohi Radi, the Mask of Knowledge, which allows him to keep information about people or things he has encountered. He can ride his lava board or can split it into two swords, which he holds, and extra armor (which can be stored on his back). Lastly, when in lava board mode, the fins are in the “in” position when not in use, and can turn into the “out” position when he is actually on the board. I do admit, this is kind of wobbly and the armor on his chest and shoulders can rotate, which is really annoying.

<><><>

Toa Obliti
None, yet
<><><>

Matoran
Here are two Onu-Matoran, The one on the left is Drasnu (a male) and the one on the right is Gulsa (a female).

First of all I want to apologize for the blurry pictures of Gulsa. Also I want to mention that for these MOCs (as well as the other MOCs on this topic) I tried to make them so that they would mimic real Lego sets found in stores today (ex: the red axles on these matoran (also I didn’t want to use a lot of my black axles just for matoran MOCs :grinning:). As for the Matoran themselves, they consist of all standard points of articulation (including elbow and knee articulation) plus waist articulation. I have to admit that the articulation points on Gulsa are weird, and that’s because I didn’t want to make these Matoran MOCs into clone MOCS. I wanted to do something different for each. Their weapons were fun to build, and to be honest, don’t have that much else to them.

<><><>

Villains
None, yet
<><><>

Other
This category includes Turaga Nagreth (which I built before the Toa himself)

When creating the Turaga MOC I strived for a kind of beasty look. He is Also much shorter than his toa version. This was inspired by the Tanama’s sword pieces which I used for the front robes of the Turaga; Also, I used the Bohrok Kal hood for the back of the robe. He also has 2 points of waist articulation, but no knee articulation. Lastly, his upper staff part can clip to the lower staff part when he is not attacked. This was my first real good MOC so, again, it is kind of wobbly and very skinny at some points but I think I did well. Thanks for looking!
(P.S.I have art you can check out too! :grinning:)

22 Likes

The big one is real groovy, but I feel the little one is a bit weird in some places.

1 Like

You’ve got a good build going!

The first one is my favorite, I really like how you can take his board apart to make weapons, that’s an awesome feature!

I really like how you built this. He’s well armored, and I love his waist.

Very cool, especially the big one.

the use of the Air Katana is an interesting take on the MOL style portrayal of the Turaga

1 Like

Nice MOC.

wow.
this was awesome.
the consistent color scheme was done well
the hoverboard really fit him, and it even could clip on his back and have him still upright!
gr8 job!!!

I apologize to all of you that replied. The truth is, is that I expected a lot more criticism than I was given. Once again, I thank you all for replying and looking, and I will try to keep better tabs in the future.

Now, for the new MOCs!
Matoran
Here are two Onu-Matoran, The one on the left is Drasnu (a male) and the one on the right is Gulsa (a female).

First of all I want to apologize for the blurry pictures of Gulsa. Also I want to mention that for these MOCs (as well as the other MOCs on this topic) I tried to make them so that they would mimic real Lego sets found in stores today (ex: the red axles on these matoran (also I didn’t want to use a lot of my black axles just for matoran MOCs :grinning:). As for the Matoran themselves, they consist of all standard points of articulation (including elbow and knee articulation) plus waist articulation. I have to admit that the articulation points on Gulsa are weird, and that’s because I didn’t want to make these Matoran MOCs into clone MOCS. I wanted to do something different for each. Their weapons were fun to build, and to be honest, don’t have that much else to them. Check back soon (I’m working on another Onu-Matoran and an Earth Toa) and thanks for looking!

Drasnu looks good, albeit I’m not a fan of the rahkshi shins on his arms.

Gulsa looks nothing like a female and needs some reworking.

Toa Nagreth’s board kind of reminds me of the mask of life’s board from 2008

I understand where you are coming from ( with the female thing), but if you think about it, Macku nor Vhisola looked female yet they are. I agree that Gulsa does look wierd though, but I went for abnormal arms and legs and that what I got. :grinning:

I love this. The creativity just oozes out of every creation’s plastic. I cannot wait to see what you do with the element of Air… :smile:

Thank you very much! :grinning:
I have a plan for an air toa, but I would need more green pieces, so it might be a while before I make a toa of air.

1 Like

I’m putting my next MOC (and any more MOCs) just in the comments. I feel like the original topic would be way to cumbersome to understand! :grinning:

Toa Nui
Here is Toa Carnu, Toa of Earth!

Wrist guards/armor in this picture are flipped forward (you can barely tell though :smile:)

I give credit to Wombat Combat Pictures on YouTube for the back lower leg armor build.

Brothers in arms.

So this is my Toa of Earth! I know some people hate that the Avohkii is overused, but I think it looks great on him!

The only function on this MOC is the flipping of the wrist guards. Lets just say that it looked better in my mind! :smile:
There are a few problems though, first and foremost being the way the waist articulation connects with the upper body - with a single blue pin. This causes the MOC’s upper body to tip to one side if both sides are unbalanced. Second, articulation is restricted is some areas/poses, most notably, ankle articulation (if a used the other axle in the foot, I feel this MOC would look too tall for its bulkiness). Also, the wrist guards can sometimes flop around/fall in certain poses.
I forgot to mention, This MOC is not finished! I need two technic pieces On the lower arms you can see what I’m talking about (one piece is missing and the other is asymmetrical on both arms).

That’s all for now! Thanks for looking and check back whenever! Bye! :grinning:

3 Likes

Noice

Thank you!

Looks very interesting

Thank you!