Obscure/Ridiculous LEGO/BIONICLE Products Discussion

That crab sure likes his frozen treats.

On another note, this seems like a really odd set to make for an airplane companies. All those little loose parts are bound to get lost by kids while they go through terminals and board flights.

8 Likes

That’s the strategy
You’ll have to buy another one to make up for what you lost

2 Likes

Chonker Choocher

7 Likes

What is that angle at the base of the brick

1 Like

To be honest I don’t even know. This was a late 1960’s Lego train set and my guess is that piece has long since been retired. Never seen it before either to be honest with you.

1 Like

Hey found this Bionicle schedule organizer thing on an old photo from 2005.

3 Likes

What does it Say on it?

Bionicle for straters. Propably each day of the week can’t aquire better quality pictures since they since then been thrown away.

2 Likes

To quote Brickset.com, “Today there are no train accessories, just trains sets and buildings. Everyone wishes LEGO would produce additional wagons but they will not, they say they are unprofitable: train sets sell but supplementary sets do not, apparently.”

Shame since I’d love to have seen Lego do more train sets as a competetor to other model train companies.

7 Likes

I don’t know if this is the right topic to post this on, but here we go:
Yesterday, I was walking to a bus station, when I came across this, right next to a trash can:

It looks to be a Popcorn case of sorts, but I have no idea.

On one side, it was advertising the first two Ninjago waves.

On the other, LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.
I have no idea where this came from, and why it would advertise two completely different LEGO things, anyone has any idea what it could possibly be?

8 Likes

It appears to be custom made

2 Likes

It does indeed, but I don’t see how it would end up in a trash can if were so.

2 Likes

The most perplexing part about it to me, is that (I believe) the ninjago wave shown, and the video games shown, came out at two separate time. And from looking at the pictures, I would say that this looks more like it was just poorly designed than actually custom made.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I thought. It’s really strange, and that’s the reason I posted it here.
EDIT: @TheMOCingbird and @DaimosZ, I just found out where it came from. It’s indeed a custom made popcorn case, coming from a Popcorn Stand in a local Zoo. So yeah, mystery solved I guess.

2 Likes

It likely was apart of a recycling project. Gaining any scrap of recyclable material to repurpose.

1 Like

Digger upgrades for whatever set you can think of

Man Belville was really far reaching to have a polybag

Znappy

3 Likes

I didn’t know this existed until just a few minutes ago, and now that I have seen it, I am the happiest human alive. Someone thought of this, and got his or her idea greenlit, and the product was made. The YoYo has reached a whole new level of puns.

THE YOYO PIRAKA YOYO IS AN ACTUAL PRODUCT THAT EXIST.

24 Likes

I need it now.

We have reached peak Good Guy.

3 Likes

Insert “Yo dawg” meme here.

2 Likes

Germany got a Mask of Light “comic” adaptation (i.e. taking screencaps of the movie and adding in dialogue balloons and comic panels)…in late 2006

Better late than never?

3 Likes