Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

I think your complaint about the maze is just due to lack of time for a while season’s story. But yes you have a point there. I would spoiler it how ever for those who haven’t seen the show.

"That is Umarak "

sigh

7 Likes

So me and @Calebmar12 are having a nice chat about this, and he said "do you think Umarak was mutated looks like the city:. So I reply, “Perhaps catacombs underneath the city?”. We like that idea, what do you people think?

2 Likes

dose this mean that the wave 2 story is about umarak the destroyer invade the the city from below it would explain ekimus upgrade.

4 Likes

It’s good to see you guys enjoying TJtO. I’ll be hyped all through my school day (and slightly worried about my math test).

The dialogue was a lot better than I expected. Sure it was cheesy, but I felt that it was realistic enough (not reading off a script) and almost human-like. Makes them more relatable. Even Kopaka can have some fun with his element! But the portrayal of Lewa was my favourite (sorry Eljay, this guy takes the cake =P)

My favourite moment: Pohatu: Look. Where? Lewa: Heheheh, the last place you’d think to look…(points at head) Right. Here.

I also love how Onua basically became Ketar’s babysitter for Pohatu

6 Likes

Some may not care, but the spanish dub is amazing and I’m happy with that

EDIT: I just don know about Tahu he sounds a little bit young there

3 Likes

Wait a second…Gali said that Ice is water too…does that mean she can control ice? :stuck_out_tongue: Also, stags exist on Okoto

7 Likes

JTO was awesome. One thing I’m a bit…bothered by how Umarak is weaker than Makuta, yet Umarak is older?

1 Like

And what might that be?

He just said?

4 Likes

How does one use spoiler tags here?

I’m not sure what happened, but for some reason that part of his message wasn’t showing up. Perhaps it had to do with the weird formatting it had…

Just put [spoiler] and [/spoiler ] around whatever you want to hide, without the space in the Brackets…

You type: [Spoiler] Wherever you want to post and then [/ Spoiler] without the space

Finally. Thanks! Did anyone else feel so bad for Ketar? Pohatu…I mean, I love both sets, but the characters really grew on me, these two specifically. I’ll probably also add a gunmetal horn to Ketar.

Also, characters…I think my favourite characters had to be Lewa, even though I wasn’t…and still am not too fond of his change of voice…he keeps some of his…former animation character, but they did add elements he had form the old G1 days, so in that sense he keeps his familiarity. I loved Onua, he’s definitely the wiser, more practical one of the six. He barely says anything, and he’s all-inclusive in the team, he is the crux of the team. Kopaka…didn’t have as big a role as I thought he’d have…but he’s actually kind of adorable in his own way. Pohatu has become G1 Kopaka, and I don’t mind it too much. It makes sense for his element, and as I said before I like how he makes peace with Ketar in the end, saving it rather than taking the mask. Tahu was exactly how he should be, Gali was very…I don’t know…she doesn’t get too many lines, and again she’s a little different from how she was in the animations. I don’t know, I feel that perhaps her role will grow as the year progresses. Umarak is Umarak, Makuta is perfect.

11 Likes

I just watched the entire show, and while some of the lines were off-putting, and the voice acting was a bit off. I loved it, it was well worth the wait and I am exited for more. Loving this new year of BIONICLE. Also made me rethink Lewa as my favorite G2 Toa. Pohatu and Ketar’s little 'arc" made them seem more relatable, something G2 was lacking. I love what they did with the animations in the prologue, and seeing Narmoto again was sweet. I just really wish that we got four episodes, and split the content up a bit, which would allow for some better, longer fight scenes. and some more explored characters, as well as maybe some less rushed scenes. The maze was really brief and kinda meh, I wish we spent more time. But I am happy with what we got.

10 Likes

You are hunter no longer. You are my minion… You are my destroyer

THAT SENT CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE HOLY CRAP

20 Likes

I know right!

Though I wish they had shown visually that Makuta was controlling Umarak, like in the comics, or maybe have Umarak struggle against his will rather than him just putting on the mask seemingly nonchalant

7 Likes

That was truly awesome. Even though the prologue was just a recap, I loved hearing it from the perspective of narmoto. The two full episodes were so good though. They had some slight issues which have already been discussed, but they answered the questions I had and shed light on umarak and his powers. I have to say, his powers are awwweessoommme. That was some serious g1 makuta stuff going on. I can’t wait for July now. I wish there was more. They really did a great job with these. Lego killed it.

5 Likes

That was pretty great. The voice acting was a little weird, but nonetheless it was entertaining. It had some HF vibes to it, though. Like Umarak legitimately sounded like an HF villain.

5/5 would watch again.

Please rate the show if you can.

4 Likes